Fixing door back onto integrated dishwasher

Can anyone help with any tips how to fix a cupboard door back onto an integrated dishwasher?

It had to be taken off at some point, but now where the screw goes in its not fixing tightly..

Hoping there's an easier / cheaper solution than buying another door!

Fill the original screw hole with something and then re-try the screw.

Maybe some filler, or some glue.

^^This first ^^

Then I'd try some strong double sided tape. And if not then some clear silicone or no more nails type stuff.

Drill a 6mm hole where the original screw fitted, being careful not to go right through (if you have a depth gauge with your drill then use it!), pour in a little woodglue, gently tap in a 6mm dowel.............. later remove the excess dowel with a sharp chisel....... good as new ;)

Drill a 6mm hole where the original screw fitted, being careful not to go right through (if you have a depth gauge with your drill then use it!), pour in a little woodglue, gently tap in a 6mm dowel.............. later remove the excess dowel with a sharp chisel....... good as new ;)

Hmmm? :huh:

I'm not sure the OP sounds like the sort of person that has access to a 6mm drill bit, a drill with a depth gauge :hihi:, wood glue, a spare 6mm dowel, and a sharp chisel.

More likely the type of person to plug the screw hole with a drop of superglue and a broken matchstick... ;)

More likely the type of person to plug the screw hole with a drop of superglue and a broken matchstick... ;)

I am just picturing the A&E waiting room......theres this geezer sat at the back with a kitchen door stuck to his finger.:hihi:

Thanks all, no really, i do even have some tools, although the chisels are not as shiny as they once were, just didnt want to miss a trick with these expensive looking & expensive costing but probably cheaply put together cupboard doors.

I'll bung the hole up with filler & screw into that. easiest = best in this case