South Yorkshire can you help me out please

To those sending me pm's many thanks .

I'm missing my family and knowing there are warm

Helpful people out there is encouraging for me.

I cannot reply to pm's yet

Thanks lotteblade

Edited by taverymuch
Add comment

Hi,

We live very close to where you work and the New Crown pub on Retford Road take b&b at really reasonable rates and they cater for long term residents. Well worth a look as the food is ace!!!:):):)

---------- Post added 14-07-2014 at 23:00 ----------

Sorry it's the Old Crown. Food still ace though!!

Can't offer any advice regarding lodgings etc but a very warm welcome to you and I hope you find decent accommodation ASAP!

Good luck ?

Welcome to our wonderful county. If you are plannig to walk it then you need Brinsworth / Catcliffe / Treeton areas realistically unless you drop really lucky and find a room on the Waverley estate opposite the Manufacturing area. It may be worth putting an ad up at work asking if anyone has a room nearby?

sent you a p.m.

Taverymuch,

if you wish to find a room or flat etc, in the vicinity of your workplace, raise an ad in the "Property Wanted" section in "Sheffield Property Ads".

If it's the catcliffe area you specifically require, I'd recommend asking for Handsworth Wincobank or Darnall areas (Sheffield 9 or 13 postcodes, generally) but treeton is also practically on catcliffe's doorstep.

Ask the landlord for the postcode, when they offer you a property, and then put it into google maps, and use the route finder with your workplace's details, to work out if there's a practical route for you to take from there to work.

Is your new role at Rolls Royce ??

well i used to work in s9 area of the city near the arean and now demolished don valley stadium, theres a premier inn hotel there but one across from it think it's called etap? heard it can be as cheap as like £15 per night?!? also if you drive its very close to m1 and links so easy to get to where you need to be or theres meadowhall train station just down from there