Taken the plunge ..

Well today I decided that I was going to start my 7 month old French bulldog on raw diet ........ I went to the real pet grub shop on Holme lane and I still can't get over how helpful knowledgable an friendly everyone was! The staff and customers alike were fantastic! I'm really excited to see the results as Bentley is quite lean and I'm having problems with skin allergies so can't wait to see the rewards and apparently his blue coat will shine like glass ?

My mum came with me to the shop and when I got home she called to say they were so impressed they were on the way back down to start there dogs on raw too :-) it seems to be the way forward haha

They really are fantastic there so helpful, in the end I decided against it but if we decide to go ahead in the future we will definitely go there, please let us know how you get on :)

Everyone was just so friendly that it gave me real confidence in my decision ........ I sure will he's cost me a small fortune with his skin already but he's just too young to be on steroids and antibiotics all the time so making a few changes and diet being the first so I'll let u know how we get on :-) :-)

Hope it works for you. Mine has been on raw for 5 years and looks very good on it, no health complaints and all his scabby skin cleared after a few months into it and he stays a nice weight.

Word of warning the minced tripe stinks! :)) hope your doggy enjoys!

Tripe does stink, but if your dog is a healthy dog on it then you learn how to mask the smell :)

Did you meet any of Donna's dogs? She has a calm springer (no, really!) and the sweetest healthy, happy and playful bulldog who both live on a raw diet with healthy skin, healthy weight, white and shiny teeth- the very best adverts for a raw diet that you could wish to meet.

We too started raw feeding as a result of illness on processed food, rather than an ethical decision on what to feed, and I have to say that Molly never looked back from it and she's a strong and healthy dog in a way that she never was before.

I hope that this represents a fabulous future for your little one :)

I've also recently started feeding my dog on raw food and I use the real pet grub shop. The staff are lovely aren't they? I was in there for about 40 minutes yesterday just talking to them!

My dog also has really bad allergies and nothing has helped before but since I've started feeding her raw food, she is so much better and doesn't seem itchy at all anymore. I wish I'd done it months ago instead of spending a fortune on hypoallergenic dry food that didn't seem to help at all!

Some of the stuff is pretty disgusting but you soon get used to it! Apart from the smell of tripe, I don't think I'll ever get used to that!!

Don't forget to weigh it out properly though to make sure you're feeding the right amount. And don't forget the offal!

Good luck :)

awwww thanks guys so nice to hear the positive outcomes of the raw diet...... to be honest i think they only reasons i havent done it sooner was a storage and b cost... now i have a dog freezer and the cost really isnt much different

no i didnt meet Donnas dogs but she did tell me about them and also about another lady that goes in with a blue frenchie, Donna then showed me a pic of a blue and white frenchie pup.... then she walked through the door haha

Yeah, I also had to buy a chest freezer specifically for her food! It actually works out much, much cheaper for me to feed raw. Before, I was spending upto £55 on bag of dry food each month plus about £30 a month on something to mix it with as she wouldn't eat it on it's own!

Now it's costs me less than £20 for all the meat, including some kidney and liver and just a couple of quid for carrots, peas etc to mix in.

Another vote for pet grub from me!!! Started my 2 on raw just over a week ago and the changes already are amazing. The staff there are lovely and have put my mind at ease about the different products and bones etc. my boys absolutely love the turkey necks!!

We've been feeding Tess our Lhasa Apso on Wezzen, only place we can get it is Barnsley market, a she is a fussy eater but loves Wezzen. Our Hollie (King Charles Cav) well she'll eat owt but I will call into this shop and see what they have to offer.!

jt

Forgot to add, where is it.?

Edited by john t

What's Wezzen? I've tried googling it but it just comes up with lots of articles in German!!

Real Pet Grub is in the grounds of Tow Sure, Holme Lane, Hillsborough. It's in a little unit round the back in the over flow car parking bit.

Maybe i've spelt it wrong could be wesson, basically it's cow's windpipe with meat on..Yukky stuff but the Mrs eats it as well...We also get tripe from there as well.!

jt