Were you taught about Mary Queen of Scots being in Sheffield at School

The trouble with " history " is that a lot of it is untrue. 9/11 is a prime example, the Robin Hood story is another. So unless there is concrete evidence I don't believe it. In the last 60 years there has been hardly anything printed or spoken by the Western media which we can take for granted as true, in fact most of it is blatant lies.

Nobody has ever believed that Robin Hood really existed, in the same way as King Arthur has always been a mythical figure. They are both as fictional as Lord of the Rings.

I'm not sure what you mean about 9/11 being untrue though, unless it's the falsehood that Saddam Hussein was responsible when the true culprit was Al Qaeda. It's ironic that Iraq was attacked, when the real guilty party was actually hiding in Pakistan. But then, it was all about the oil wasn't it.

However, to answer the original question, yes I remember being taught about Mary Queen of Scots being held in Sheffield Castle, as well as in Haddon Hall. It was part of the lesson about the Tudors, although the main emphasis was on the actual ruling monarchs. I understand that Sheffield Castle was destroyed by Oliver Cromwell during the civil war - and that the citizens of Sheffield enthusiastically recycled the castle stones so that it couldn't be re-built!

Edited by earthdragon