Totley/Dore residents. Where did all your manners go?

Took my very pregnant niece to Totley/Dore church hall yesterday, where they were holding a child's birthday party and she was doing the face painting.

Luckily she had the sense to take a couple of drinks in with her as not one person there offered her a bite of food or even a drink, not so much as a glass of water.

She said the children were also very rude and demanding and had no manners. No wonder as they obviously imitate their elders.

She has done fetes and party's all over Sheffield and said that most places the people are lovely and that they can call council estates what they like but at least the kids know how to say please and thank you and the adults know how to be host's .

Maybe having a wee bit more money is also about losing ones sense of common decency.

Shame on those mothers.

Took my very pregnant niece to Totley/Dore church hall yesterday, where they were holding a child's birthday party and she was doing the face painting.

Luckily she had the sense to take a couple of drinks in with her as not one person there offered her a bite of food or even a drink, not so much as a glass of water.

She said the children were also very rude and demanding and had no manners. No wonder as they obviously imitate their elders.

She has done fetes and party's all over Sheffield and said that most places the people are lovely and that they can call council estates what they like but at least the kids know how to say please and thank you and the adults know how to be host's .

Maybe having a wee bit more money is also about losing ones sense of common decency.

Shame on those mothers.

How do you know where they were all from?

Shock horror, people with money don't care about those who seem to have less than them. I have always found the higher the Sheffield post code the less manners and respect people have.

How do you know where they were all from?

Trust me Anna, you are not going to get to hire a church hall in Dore or Totley if you are live on the Cross

Shock horror, people with money don't care about those who seem to have less than them. I have always found the higher the Sheffield post code the less manners and respect people have.

Doesn't say a lot in favour of Stocksbridge, or even Barnsley then does it?

Years ago I used to go on deliveries when I worked at my father's bathroom business.

In Dore, stay at home wives would look you up and down when they answered the door to you, tut and say in a dismissive I-could-really-do-without-this tone "go round the back".

In socially deprived areas the residents couldn't do enough for you. "Here pal, I will shift the car so you can get in the garage. Would you like a drink? "

As for tips, I can't recall an S17 customer giving as much as a bean whilst customers from Intake and similar areas regularly tipped, be it in cash, beer or whatever.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Trust me Anna, you are not going to get to hire a church hall in Dore or Totley if you are live on the Cross

I dare say. But you can hire a church hall in Dore or Totley if you live in S11 and can invite friends from all over the city.

Try this one...

We were burgled by some folk off the Cross.

How do you know they were off the Cross?

Because we were burgled

My son and myself nipped into Eton on Division Street yesterday to buy a few bits, we had both just finished work and were both in our work clothes.

The staff are brilliant in there and treat everyone the same.

A woman, (I would say lady...but NOT) was ordering some goods...she gave her address and postcode (Dore), she looked us up and down, as though we were something she had stepped in.

She was rude with the assistant serving her...she was so arrogant...and then her card was declined for £145 lol, she tried another card and that was declined also. I couldn't help but smile...as I was paying for our goods.

So just living in Dore doesn't mean you have money...but manners cost nothing...

Ahhhhh pleeeeease stop generalising because of anecdotes! Have you met all the 15,000 plus residents of Dore and Totley?

If you judge a place by a non representative sample of its population, you're gonna have a really negative outlook on the world.

There are foolish, rude people across all parts of society, just like there are lovely, polite people as well.

I simply cannot stand back any longer and allow this thread to continue without pointing out how utterly ridiculous you all sound.

"People with money are evil, people with none are lovely."

This forum has plunged to new depths to allow this hate mongering of one of our city's finest postcodes to continue.

Your ignorance is literally astonishing, pathetic and ill-founded.

I don't know weather I'm just imagining it but whenever I'm in the car anywhere in that general area, the car drivers (who aren't all necessarily locals of course) are quite rude; I was at a junction for 7 minutes the other day as car after car after car after car chose to not let me out as they all crawled slowly past.

Just a long shot, but maybe the hosts were a bit busy with making sure the kids were occupied? She could have asked for a drink, or a bite to eat, or was she suffering in silence purposely so her aunty could come on here later badmouthing everyone from Dore and Totley?

I think you've just made sure she never gets a job round there again. Well done. :huh: