Old Carpet needed to smother weeds

I need some old carpets to use to smother the weeds in my garden. Should be able to pick them up if in Sheffield. pm me please

Pointless. As soon as you remove the carpets the 1000'000 weed seeds that are already laying there will germinate and you'll be smothered by them again. Hand weeding is the only way. :)

yes but the carpets will smother and kill the vegetation that is already there and stop more growing until we have sorted out the work that needs doing in the house. Come next spring we will tackle the garden.

I have moved into rundown properties before and created new gardens from scratch this way, I appreciate if you want to grow plants of anykind the weeds are a necessary evil and I agree hand weeding is the best way.

yes but the carpets will smother and kill the vegetation that is already there and stop more growing until we have sorted out the work that needs doing in the house. Come next spring we will tackle the garden.

I have moved into rundown properties before and created new gardens from scratch this way, I appreciate if you want to grow plants of anykind the weeds are a necessary evil and I agree hand weeding is the best way.

I covered my garden with bin liners to kill the weeds.... left them on a couple of months...then weeded - did the trick!

We recommend using heavy duty black polythene secured in place by house bricks. Available from Hagg Lane, and other allotment societies, from £2.20/linear metre (4m wide) as per the price list at the bottom of the link below:-

http://HaggLaneAllotments.blogspot.com