Racket at Lodge Moor

Indeed, and it was quite understandable that the OP, without knowing about it, assumed it was a someone being rather selfish rather than a charity event.

I didn't have a problem with this event and I'm pleased with the result. But in the wider context I cannot understand why anyone would get rattled with someone complaining about noise. Anyone who assumes someone is boring for enjoying their free time in their own home in peace rather than going out and enjoying loud music is one incredibly ignorant individual.

Bold type obviously aimed at me.

Let me explain why I deemed the OP boring. They obviously live within earshot of a pub - indeed, in this instance, two. It's a weekend on a summer's evening. The Sportsman held a similar concert, gig, call it what you will, last year. They have a field which is ideal for holding outside events.

Music on a summer's evening? Must be the pub. Perhaps they're having a fund-raising event. I might even pop along and show my support.

No. Get in front of the computer and get it off your chest instead of supporting your local pub.

It was a bloody great day out. Really enjoyed it.

Much better than tolerating the noise generated by the pub when people visit in their helicopters.

Hang on! Op posted at 18:51 hrs.

Was you having a cocoa before bedtime?

Hang on! Op posted at 18:51 hrs.

Was you having a cocoa before bedtime?

Last year as well.

A lovely summer evening is being ruined by an unholy racket from just behind the Three Merry Lads at Lodge Moor.

From what I can see, there's a bandstand with a few people standing around it, and a band belting out seventies songs.

It this an attempt to outdo Glastonbury? Anyone know what's going on - or better still, when it'll stop?

A lovely summer's evening was enjoyed by many at Gillyfest, as it was last year. I hope they will, as planned, make this an annual event, ie ONCE a year. Try going to it next year ... you might enjoy it too!

When I first saw this thread title, I thought it may have been about something that Andy Murray threw all the way from Wimbledon after losing in the semis the other week lol :hihi:

What kind of racket? protection racket, money laundering?

It was a bloody great day out. Really enjoyed it.

Much better than tolerating the noise generated by the pub when people visit in their helicopters.

Must have been a hell of a night as well if you've only just recovered to post about it a year later...

Must have been a hell of a night as well if you've only just recovered to post about it a year later...

Oh, yeah ... didn't notice that :)

just resurrecting this, as I've just caught sight of a poster advertising this years Gillyfest for this Saturday.

So, if you don't like the noise, here's notice to pack yerself off for a weekend break in a sleepier part of the world.

I'm sure Gillyfest will be successful again - hopefully a decent amount of money will be raised for a worthy cause (MS Society).