Robin Hood (Millhouses) Car Park

I've a driveway for rent near the pub:hihi:

its only a very tiny car park anyway - maybe 10 cars? Not going to make a huge difference in the scheme of things I guess. I live just off Springfield so appreciate that it may make the roads busier, but I doubt significantly.

I'd not considered the idea that it could set a precedent but if there is a parking policy when it comes to buildings then is there no other place where the car parking spots could be located. I'm trying to picture the amount of land alongside the building for example. I remember that pub from the late 70's and how in the summer it looked a lot more inviting as this was before the car became indispensable for so many people so the frontage looked far less crowded or cluttered.

Plans rejected

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-pub-s-car-park-plans-rejected-1-6732238

Never mind. If the residents and council get their way, they'll close down another struggling pub trying to make improvements.

There's hardly anyone in the place as it is. Maybe they'll be happy with a derelict building or maybe it could be turned into another curry house.

"One resident, Peter Brown, told the committee there had been an ‘erosion of car parking in Millhouses over the last 30 years’ due to restrictions and a one-way system."

Where would that be?

"Residents also expressed concerns about a ‘jumberella’ parasol which would cover the seating area and, they feared, ruin views."

Of what the road junction?

The pavement around the area in question is currently 'no parking' to allow for access to the car park. If the car park was replaced by the seating area, then this would free up on-street parking space for around 6 cars.

Seeing as the car park only holds 12 cars anyway, would an extra 6 cars using the current on-street parking (at the pubs busiest times, I have rarely seen the car park full) make that much difference?

Yet again an anti-business decision by the council.

Blocking the views. Give me strength!!

Yet again an anti-business decision by the council.

Blocking the views. Give me strength!!

At least now residents can sit in their homes and watch the traffic lights change unhindered!

It actually feels like we are being trolled by our own council.

The pavement around the area in question is currently 'no parking' to allow for access to the car park. If the car park was replaced by the seating area, then this would free up on-street parking space for around 6 cars.

Seeing as the car park only holds 12 cars anyway, would an extra 6 cars using the current on-street parking (at the pubs busiest times, I have rarely seen the car park full) make that much difference?

But that would be 6 cars parked in the street on a busy road junction and restricting access instead of 12 cars parked off the street in a car park.

---------- Post added 17-07-2014 at 09:51 ----------

There's hardly anyone in the place as it is.

I'm not surprised. I had a meal there a few months ago. Food average but service non existant.

I doubt that the issue of on street parking was a deep concern but if it set a precedent can you imagine the chaos that could be caused as other business premises tried to utilise their car parking spots as well. I'm trying to think of an example and thought of the Toby carvery up there on the way to Dronfield. If they suddenly got permission to limit their car parking that could at busy times push well over fifty cars out to find a spot to park on the road

Opening night last night after the refurb. Not much has changed really apart from it is more open planned with new seating and carpet.

Very busy last night as you would expect. Full of faces you never see in there and probably only out for what freebies they can get, shame these people never visit it on a regular basis.

It says Free house on the signage, I'm pretty sure it's still part of a large chain and tied to what breweries the head office do deals with ? It's not like the landlord can pick and choose what ales to put on.

I liked it though as it was in dire need of a refurb.