Robin Hood (Millhouses) Car Park

Mitchell and Butler have applied for planning permission to do away with the car park at the Robin Hood and have a "jumberella" instead. This will force more parking on street.

The council planning dept is supporting them, despite having guidelines that require new developments to provide parking. Sod the community then!

Oh yeah thats what we need, less parking. Bloody idiots!

I had come across this a couple of weeks ago and doubt that it's going to clog the streets up as the car park only holds about a dozen cars if that.

There is absolutely loads of on street parking in that area.

Have you tried to park there, you have to bump up the curb to park outside, that is if there is a space and when you enter the place is empty

Mitchell and Butler have applied for planning permission to do away with the car park at the Robin Hood and have a "jumberella" instead. This will force more parking on street.

The council planning dept is supporting them, despite having guidelines that require new developments to provide parking. Sod the community then!

i live close by, i think its a good idea will make the pub more inviting with a better area to eat and sit in the sun as the back area is nearly always shaded.

cant see a problem with parking to be honest theres loads on springfield, millhouses lane and grove road.

It's a fantastic idea, that car park is useless anyway and I never use it. Plenty of parking on the road. It will be really nice in summer to have somewhere to sit outside. You can sit outside at the back but it never gets the sun.

As someone has already said. The car park is never used by patrons, only by people parking there all day and catching the bus in to town to work.

Have you tried to park there, you have to bump up the curb to park outside, that is if there is a space and when you enter the place is empty

I live not far from there. There is seriously no problem with parking for the volume of customers that pub would get - room for dozens and dozens of cars on Whirlowdale Road for example.

Thankfully the councillors at the Planning Committee meeting looked at all the evidence and refused the application. Parking was a big factor. There are city policies about parking provision. If one place can develop its parking area, what is stopping all the others? What do we end up with then?

That has to be one of the worst pub car parks I've ever come across.

That has to be one of the worst pub car parks I've ever come across.

Correct,have always parked on the street when I used to pop in there.

I can't see people parking on Millhouses lane/ Whirlowdale as some have suggested. Too far for too many people. This day and age sees people wanting to park next to the entrance. For example, go to any supermarket and see people park in the baby spaces because they don't want to walk the extra 50 metres (but that's another thread).

Parking on Abbeydale Road is chocka at the weekend when everyone is in the park. Just wondered where all the easy parking is as some have suggested.