Short breaks grants

Does anyone know if the council are doing short breaks grants for disabled children this year?

According to sheffield parent carer forum there is no new as of yet, think its starting to look doubtful myself, but still no news could be good news! :)

Hi there

Are you members of the Sheffield Parent Forum, or the Rotherham Parent Forum

I believe they both have a Facebook page

There are also the Parent Partnerships in both Sheffield and Rotherham which may be able to offer some advice regarding grants

If you want a short break, or respite, please check out Rainbows House

http://www.rainbowshouse.co.uk

Best wishes Nichola :)

Hi I have spoken to the short breaks team today. They are still awaiting news of whether they have finance for the short breaks grants this year. they are hoping to know more within 2-3 weeks but have said that if they go ahead, anyone who has had one previously will be contacted by post.

How would I go about requesting one?

You can't request one yet as they are not currently doing them.

I've been wondering about this. It was May last year when the decision was made so it's not beyond the realms of possibility yet.

I could've sworn I had some correspondence from them last year that said they had been guarenteed funding for three years. But I suppose in these times of austerity and cutbacks that anything is subject to change xxx

I spoke to short break grants last week and they said no funding was allocated for this this year but may be doing them again next year :(. Such a shame as it's really helped us out for the past few years.

I spoke to short break grants today and they said that a decision had not been made as yet. They are expecting a final decision tomorrow and letters will be sent out automatically to everyone that has been helped in the past. You should have a letter through early next week if all goes to plan.

Hi I checked today and was told no decision has been made yet.