Flying Ants Stopover

They are absolutely vile we've had hundreds on our path today make my skin crawl.

I think they are wonderful, nature....great!

I completely agree with you about nature being wonderful I'm just not good at all with flying ants never have been.

Edited by mrswilson22

yes we have them every year in the garden,they are soon gone and dont bother us, our grandaughter who is 3 just stands inbetween them while they fly all around her.thinks its funny.

The car park at B&Q at Hillsborough was over three foot deep (nearly) in ants a short while ago. One tried to peck out my left eye, but with a glancing blow to the mandible with a bag of recently purchased tile grout I deftly (and abruptly) ended it's avionic career in the flying corps ('flying corps' very quickly becoming 'not flying corpse'). :)

It would be interesting to know why the ant only attacked your left eye.:huh:

Is your right eye a glass one?

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

It would be interesting to know why they only attacked your left eye.:huh:

Worse if they attack your japs eye

Worse if they attack your japs eye

Should be ok (with the helmet on):P

I've been working on a roof today on High Storrs.This morning I was engulfed in a swarm of bees flying in the direction of Ranmoor.Last thing this afternoon a huge swarm of flying ants passed by in the same direction.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

It will be flying pigs tomozs for you,

I've been working on a roof today on High Storrs.This morning I was engulfed in a swarm of bees flying in the direction of Ranmoor.Last thing this afternoon a huge swarm of flying ants passed by in the same direction.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

It will be flying pigs tomozs for you,

Surely not.Not in Ramadan.

It would be interesting to know why they only attacked your left eye.:huh:

Just like my favourite singer of all time, I wear an eye-patch as a fashion statement (Gabrielle, I think) :cool:

I work in an office near Hillsborough and have found ants taking a walk round the room but not seen them fly. Saying that I have 2 bites on my arm which have swollen and are a bit sore. Bought some ant spray ready for tomorrow

Just like my favourite singer of all time, I wear an eye-patch as a fashion statement (Gabrielle, I think) :cool:

That patch could easily be mistaken (by a flying ant) for a Bluebottle with one eye. No wonder it homed in on ya.