Flying Ants Stopover

Looks like the flying ants are using the cars in S8 as a stop over for the night. Not sure if there is a Queen flying ant but 1 or 2 of them are huge.

i live in S8, it's horrible. it makes my skin crawl just thinking about them!

The big ones called Adam !!

You can report any sightings of flying ants here.

Yes, we had loads in our garden yesterday as well. It happens every year, just google 'flying ant day'.

Saw one on my dash last night in Hillsborough. We recently had 100s of ants just randomly come through a gap in our window.

Once they find a queen for a new nest the wings drop off.

It's flying ant day in Walkley now. Bang goes the picnic on the patio.

Hundreds if not thousands coming out of the ground outside our house. Fascinating to watch, those little critters.

The car park at B&Q at Hillsborough was over three foot deep (nearly) in ants a short while ago. One tried to peck out my left eye, but with a glancing blow to the mandible with a bag of recently purchased tile grout I deftly (and abruptly) ended it's avionic career in the flying corps ('flying corps' very quickly becoming 'not flying corpse'). :)

My ill-cared for Honda is covered in spider webs, now they have been covered in flying ants I am considering changing the name from Batvan to Antvan.

I've been working on a roof today on High Storrs.This morning I was engulfed in a swarm of bees flying in the direction of Ranmoor.Last thing this afternoon a huge swarm of flying ants passed by in the same direction.

Can't wait for tomorrow!