Fishing clubs in Sheffield

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good fishing club , as I know nothing of them ?

Don't want a mega expensive one just one with a lake / river stretch and nice people at the club ! Always wanted to fish a nice carp lake where you can do stalking !

Thanks

Im not really up to much on this but my other half has just joined a group called penistone angler's (I think) £35 for year, matches on mondays I think, he can fish underbank for free and another one but im not sure of its name I know it has dam on the end (castle dam? Not sure) if ur interested I could get my other half to give me the details? Laura

Ps this is the 1st club hes joined and he loves it, he said all the men are great to talk to. I know theres a club at tinmill? He was going to join that as well. Hope Iv helped

Thankyou do they have a website ? Definitely in the price range that I was looking for

here's a link to the Tin Mill website, I've not been a member for a few years but it is a nice secluded fishery, there are 2 ponds (used to be one lake) & a good stretch of the river Don, with grayling, trout, chub & barbel, I used to love fishing that stretch but in reecnt years have been concentrating elsewhere

http://www.tinmilldam.co.uk/

here's a link to the Tin Mill website, I've not been a member for a few years but it is a nice secluded fishery, there are 2 ponds (used to be one lake) & a good stretch of the river Don, with grayling, trout, chub & barbel, I used to love fishing that stretch but in reecnt years have been concentrating elsewhere

http://www.tinmilldam.co.uk/

Are the two ponds just the one lake but they have built a barrier in the middle ? What is the river fishing like on the part of the don ? And are the carp good there ?

Thanks

yes, it was one lake with 2 islands, they built a spit straight across from the 1st island, disecting the lake into 2 halves. the 1st half (larger pond) is the carp pond which has plenty of doubles, the smaller section above the carp pool is the silvers lake, which still retains an island & has clumps of lilies

the don up there is great, a real mixture of steady glides, weirpools & shallow runs, plus there's loads of undercut banks where chub like to live

winter can be fantastic up there, but it can flood quite easily (I don't mean burst its banks, I mean deeper, fast water & very, very coloured)

yes, it was one lake with 2 islands, they built a spit straight across from the 1st island, disecting the lake into 2 halves. the 1st half (larger pond) is the carp pond which has plenty of doubles, the smaller section above the carp pool is the silvers lake, which still retains an island & has clumps of lilies

the don up there is great, a real mixture of steady glides, weirpools & shallow runs, plus there's loads of undercut banks where chub like to live

winter can be fantastic up there, but it can flood quite easily (I don't mean burst its banks, I mean deeper, fast water & very, very coloured)

Going to head down sometime next week too have a look. Just in case I do want to join how do you join ? The website doesn't help much on that part !

Thanks

the details are on the Membership page on the website:

http://www.tinmilldam.co.uk/membership.html

£32 cheque, passport photo of yourself & post off to the address on that page

there's also a map on that page showing where the entrance is located

I can vouch for tin mill its a good club. 2 ponds one full of silvers etc other carp and silvers plus 3 miles of river don

I can vouch for tin mill its a good club. 2 ponds one full of silvers etc other carp and silvers plus 3 miles of river don

Whats the carp fishing like ? Are you allowed more then one rod out ? Can you night fish ?

Thanks

No night fishing. You ate best to ring Roger or Andy Glover bud but think it may allow 2 rods some big lumps in mid 20's and a few 30's