Once more Sheffield's Graves Park is used as a council tip.

Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.

• Yes I have no problem with part of Graves Park being used as a tip
    • No. The land should not be used for this storing this filth.
    • The land should be cleared up and restored as public parkland.
    • Who cares as long as it’s not in a park near me.

Blackbeard - I don't live anywhere near GP, have no interest in it as a 'local' amenity, I only ask as there seems to be one set of rules for them, and one for everyone else.

There always has been and I'm sure there always will be. You would be naive to think otherwise.

The mistake is of course in always blaming the councillors, when quite often it the advisors the council employs for the councillors that are to blame.

Many people on here will remember 'Yes Minister' ....those that don't I suggest you watch a couple of episodes on youtube.

I do blame the councillors and the lord mayor for the dumping in Graves Park though, because they can not deny they know about it now and have as yet done nothing. All it would take is one phone call from them.

So you have to ask; What is their motive for leaving it there and adding to it?

I do blame the councillors and the lord mayor for the dumping in Graves Park though, because they can not deny they know about it now and have as yet done nothing. All it would take is one phone call from them.

So you have to ask; What is their motive for leaving it there and adding to it?

Some folk enjoy being kicked repeatedly in the nuts.

I am not blaming the councillors as such, but as it is now nigh on impossible to get hold of any responsible person at any of the council departments - they will not talk to the public direct even if you go to their offices - I have now taken to emailing my local councillors as I can question them on their action - or lack thereof - at the monthly surguries.

I remember 'Yes Minister' - and remember commenting at the time that it was scarily like real life.

As to your last point - that makes two of us.

Some folk enjoy being kicked repeatedly in the nuts.

Each to their own polo mint.

Though I would imgine if you are on the receiving end you could end up with some quite serious medical complications.

Feel free to go into more details if you wish, but on another forum please and don't bother telling me which one.

Really?

A serious risk to the health of the majority of park users - like round the rare breeds centre, the cafe?

Yes - really.

A serious health risk exists to anyone who wishes to spend time in Graves Park - I didn't specify which part of the park.

Any update on the state of SCC's illegal tip in Graves Park ?

Have they cleared all the rubbish and dog poo away yet ?

Well - it appears SCC are at it again.

At the moment most of the city is a tip, with litter almost everywhere you look.

It's a disgrace but not as much a disgrace as charging those who need to use a car to pay for parking to use the park and not as much a disgrace as the fact that the whole park is one big dog toilet.

When you park up and walk across the field to the playground, you get dogs running free jumping up at you and your kids with dog crap all over their paws. It's disgusting.

It's a disgrace but not as much a disgrace as charging those who need to use a car to pay for parking to use the park and not as much a disgrace as the fact that the whole park is one big dog toilet.

When you park up and walk across the field to the playground, you get dogs running free jumping up at you and your kids with dog crap all over their paws. It's disgusting.

I agree with you totally and I'm a dog lover myself but there is no reason for that to happen other than irresponsible dog owners.

As for the car park charge it just shows how desperate things are getting in Sheffield.

I agree with you totally and I'm a dog lover myself but there is no reason for that to happen other than irresponsible dog owners.

As for the car park charge it just shows how desperate things are getting in Sheffield.

Perhaps it would be better if they didn't keep wasting money trying to sell bits of the park or transporting old fridges and dog muck from Hillsborough etc so that they can chuck it around in Graves Park.