Once more Sheffield's Graves Park is used as a council tip.

Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.

• Yes I have no problem with part of Graves Park being used as a tip
    • No. The land should not be used for this storing this filth.
    • The land should be cleared up and restored as public parkland.
    • Who cares as long as it’s not in a park near me.

Could not a few people film the council dumping up there, post it on youtube and put the links here? I would imagine such videos could easily go viral, which would probably lead to an end to the dumping and, hopefully, legal action against those responsible.

It does make you wonder whether those bags of dog muck that you see hanging from trees were actually put there by dog owners or had been liberated from a dumping ground by crows and deposited in the branches.

It does make you wonder whether those bags of dog muck that you see hanging from trees were actually put there by dog owners or had been liberated from a dumping ground by crows and deposited in the branches.

Maybe old Jack Scott has told his employees to hang to dog poo bags in the trees to try and hide it because local residents have rumbled the council`s industrial fly tipping activities .

I wonder if the folk building the new houses up by Norton Church are aware of what is causing the smell next to their investment. I would suggest someone pop them one of the many fliers on the subject round there tomorrow.

Edited by Riannon

I wonder if the folk building the new houses up by Norton Church are aware of what is causing the smell next to their investment. I would suggest someone pop them one of the many fliers on the subject round there tomorrow.

I think that was done a few days ago.

van or lorry are full of waste . shall we take it straightaway to the disposal area or should we save it and store it to be disposed of at a later date ? seems like common sense to me

Correct. However he tries to dress it up storing faeses in plastc bags in a public park is totally unacceptable.

Thank you Riannon, at last, two weeks after the start of the thread some honesty comes to light, it is all about protecting the investment of the locals. All talk about "for the benefit of the people of Sheffield" also includes the owners of property on Norton Park View. How nice if the rest of Sheffield would protect their investment by spending money to turn the bottom of their garden into parkland and improve the value of their investment. Interestingly we have been told that the"council" has been using the site for over 50 years well before many of the current residents bought their property.

Only one of the complainants has put his head above the parapet and admitted where lives and that was in a comment in the local newspaper. It did not take long to discover his address because he runs a business from his home and there are records on the internet, his garden does not look over the "tip". I then found out who one of the other complainants was, even though he has not told us where he lives, he also runs a business from his home, in his case two, the "tip" is at the bottom of his garden, it was not difficult, we all leave a trace on the internet.

When I first read this thread I smelt a rat, could be the one claimed to be seen in a locals garden.

There is a policy of not naming people on here so you will have to take peoples word for it, like everything else we have read on this thread.

Not In My Back Yard

Blackbeard - you claim not to work for SCC - my impression from reading your posts is that you do, and are intimately involved with the mess which is currently the Graves Park tip.

Blackbeard - you claim not to work for SCC - my impression from reading your posts is that you do, and are intimately involved with the mess which is currently the Graves Park tip.

ahh the typical Sheffield forum reply

" if you disagree with me you must work for the SCC/First/Stagecoach/insert whichever company is being talked about"

absolutely pathetic my impression is that you are an idiot i cannot prove this but will make an assumption based on your posts.

maybe just maybe he has looked at the facts rather than listen to the hyperbole stirred up by other posters with axes to grind and vested interests

Please tell the “council” where to send the cheque.

I do like to see some honesty and transparency in people’s posts, that’s why I have been rattling some people cages to get a response and a little truth.

I have never worked for the “council” I lost interest in local politics over 40 years ago, I am happily retired but I do know a little about “friends groups” I was a founder member of one and know the kind of people that people that join. There are a few that have a real interest in trying to help but you don’t normally get the people who go to parks to kick a ball about, have picnics with the kids, visit the petting park etc. you get the people whose houses impinge on the area and have a vested interest in “their part” of the area covered.

But that’s just me talking about my experiences.

ahh the typical Sheffield forum reply

" if you disagree with me you must work for the SCC/First/Stagecoach/insert whichever company is being talked about"

absolutely pathetic my impression is that you are an idiot i cannot prove this but will make an assumption based on your posts.

maybe just maybe he has looked at the facts rather than listen to the hyperbole stirred up by other posters with axes to grind and vested interests

Which vested interests are those? Do you seriously think that anyone should have a pile of dog poo on their doorstep? In an area where it shouldn't legally be?

And why do YOU think that its acceptable for the council to use land that isn't theirs as a dumping ground? Let alone a dumping ground for toxic material?

Also personnel attacks are uncalled for. When a poster has a history of defending the undefendal actions of the council it follows that they may gave an agenda (I don't think he does, I think he's just contrary).

Which vested interests are those? Do you seriously think that anyone should have a pile of dog poo on their doorstep? In an area where it shouldn't legally be?

And why do YOU think that its acceptable for the council to use land that isn't theirs as a dumping ground? Let alone a dumping ground for toxic material?

Also personnel attacks are uncalled for. When a poster has a history of defending the undefendal actions of the council it follows that they may gave an agenda (I don't think he does, I think he's just contrary).

Thanks Jonny5. I have no 'vested interest' in what happens in Graves Park - don't live anywhere near there, have only been in a small part of it (2 or 3 years back),o you've saved me having to answer that bit.

The 'personal attack' thing doesn't worry me - I've been on forums where things get REALLY nasty, but it's all keyboard warrior stuff, and water off a ducks back to me.

I understand BB's postings - and if he can call others, then others should have the same rights - IMO. BTW, my post was 'intended' as a bit tongue-in-cheek, but obviously didn't come out that way.

My reasons for posting on threads like this are quite simple - It seems councils - not just Sheffield - think they are the only ones who know what is best, but as I have found out in 30 odd years of challenging/questioning their actions, they don't.

Edited by RollingJ

I can only guess that you've never owned or walked a dog.

You'd be guessing wrong.

Not that I have ever needed to own a working dog and I really don't see the point in any kind. I guess some people just like to think they are in control of something living, not that very high percentage of people can actually properly control or train a dog.

It's not irresponsible in anyway to clear up after your dog and put it in the council provided bins that exist specifically for dog waste. In fact, it's probably safer than putting it in your domestic waste bin as in theory the waste can be managed appropriately, instead of being a surprise for some poor binman.

I said flush it...thats what toilets are for ... excrement.

I also said after you have cleaned it up from your own garden instead of risking giving other peoples' kids salmonellosis or toxocariasis.

Please don't quote my posts if you have not read them or lack the ability to assimilate the content.

I wonder what part of the country it is that you live in, most people have wheelie bins these days, and why would feces in the bin be a surprise; there are over 10,000,000 disposable nappys discarded daily.

Don't tell sheffield council though or they will probably be collecting and storing those in Graves park too.