Once more Sheffield's Graves Park is used as a council tip.

Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.

• Yes I have no problem with part of Graves Park being used as a tip
    • No. The land should not be used for this storing this filth.
    • The land should be cleared up and restored as public parkland.
    • Who cares as long as it’s not in a park near me.

So you think it's okay if it's only dumped there on a temporary basis then?

They were building bays and bringing in loads of shipping containers to store scrap and rubbish. It had become a council dump operating from charitable status land that belonged to the Graves Park Charity. It was a cynical and disgusting abuse of the charity by its trustees.

They were building bays and bringing in loads of shipping containers to store scrap and rubbish. It had become a council dump operating from charitable status land that belonged to the Graves Park Charity. It was a cynical and disgusting abuse of the charity by its trustees.

And I bet if you asked to see the waste liciense ............................... you wouldn't.

---------- Post added 20-07-2014 at 21:52 ----------

The quote I read on here was that the fridges had had their motors stripped out, it looks very much like the scrap man has taken the good bits and dumped the worthless rubbish for the "council" to deal with.

part of the very first post on this thread reads

"called to see the place myself today and the smell was awful. To compound the reckless behaviour there are several old fridges and freezers just dumped on the site with their motors removed and the greenhouse gasses allowed to escape to damage the Ozone layer."

The blame is clearly laid at the council, they must have done it!

Sorry, Blackbeard, but your attempt to (seemingly) say it isn't the council doing the tipping is failing - this is on an area, admittedly not the main park, but one which only council employees/staff have normal access, so it would be fair to assume it is said council doing the tipping.

And I bet if you asked to see the waste liciense ............................... you wouldn't.

---------- Post added 20-07-2014 at 21:52 ----------

Sorry, Blackbeard, but your attempt to (seemingly) say it isn't the council doing the tipping is failing - this is on an area, admittedly not the main park, but one which only council employees/staff have normal access, so it would be fair to assume it is said council doing the tipping.

Sadly now there has been so much publicity everyone in Sheffield knows where to take their rubbish.

Sadly now there has been so much publicity everyone in Sheffield knows where to take their rubbish.

Yes. Your front garden or the town hall.

Where do you recommend the fly tipping and litter should be stored before removal, just left where it was found?

Taken straight to the incinerator on Bernard Rd is the obvious answer

Great post Desmundo, one for the sticker book.

You REALLY are getting desperate (and,IMO, beginning to sound silly).

You nailed it in one. It isn't exactly a complex problem is it.

It seems rather like going to the loo at home. Do you flush it or fish it out, stick it in a bag and pass it around your friends for a couple of weeks?:gag::gag:

You REALLY are getting desperate (and,IMO, beginning to sound silly).

Not really surprising, I had just returned from an excellent night of watching the Monty Python Live(almost) and this thread is now resembling one of their sketches. But then nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition with Cardinal Shytot and Cardinal Barpen.

So if the council are not now going to use the 3.5 acres of Graves Park that they have fenced off as a dump, what exactly have they got 3.5 acres fenced off for?

So if the council are not now going to use the 3.5 acres of Graves Park that they have fenced off as a dump, what exactly have they got 3.5 acres fenced off for?

When I ask a question on here like that I am told to go and ask the "council".

Pity no one seems to have bothered to ask the "council" any questions, they just negotiate via Sheffield forum, the TV companies and the newspapers.

Remember, no matter who you vote for the "council" always get in.

When I ask a question on here like that I am told to go and ask the "council".

Pity no one seems to have bothered to ask the "council" any questions, they just negotiate via Sheffield forum, the TV companies and the newspapers.

Remember, no matter who you vote for the "council" always get in.

Actually when you ring the council you just get fobbed off with a we are in charge and will do what we want in the park. So perhaps folk got fed up of asking the council and then resorted to the forum, TV companies and newspapers. Have you asked anyone if the asked the council or did you just assume that they didn't?