Once more Sheffield's Graves Park is used as a council tip.

Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.

• Yes I have no problem with part of Graves Park being used as a tip
    • No. The land should not be used for this storing this filth.
    • The land should be cleared up and restored as public parkland.
    • Who cares as long as it’s not in a park near me.

No need to be an idiot.

You report them to environmental health. If they wont do their job then you can bring a case before the ombudsman.

You should report them to the charity which runs the park, presumably they have certian duties to see its run and kept to a certain standard. presumably they would wnat to do something about it. If the trustees happen to be councilors, then they should not be involved in any of the decisions because in this instance they would have a conflict of interest. IF the charity doesnt carry its stated aims and objectives, then you would report them to the charity commission.

Environmental health are part of the council & wouldn't be responsible anyway.

Maybe you should report them to the Environment Agency instead, a central government agency that deals with pollution & damage to the environment. https://www.gov.uk/report-an-environmental-incident

I know the Sheffield Star are useless but might be worth seeing if they will run with it anyway.

Looks like the Friends of Graves Park are already on the case.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Graves-Park/302263501633?fref=ts

Isn't it a pity that they constantly have to be on the case as the trustees of the Graves Park Charity repeatedly demonstrate that they are not fit and proper people to run a charity.

---------- Post added 11-07-2014 at 00:09 ----------

I know the Sheffield Star are useless but might be worth seeing if they will run with it anyway.

The TV stations are all these idiots understand. Calendar and Look North need to be informed

Edited by barpen

Isn't it a pity that they constantly have to be on the case as the trustees of the Graves Park Charity repeatedly demonstrate that they are not fit and proper people to run a charity.

---------- Post added 11-07-2014 at 00:09 ----------

The TV stations are all these idiots understand. Calendar and Look North need to be informed

I believe the Council have been storing all the waste from all the parks in Sheffield, plus all the stuff fly-tipped on Council land, plus anything else on Norton Nurseries for some time. Yes, somebody needs to contact the Environment Agency.

If somebody could catch them dumping, in a photo or video (again) it might help.

I don't think we have to catch them doing anything. The Friends of Graves Park have told me the Council have admitted doing it and think it's OK. So that's alright then!

Why oh Why do the people of Sheffield still vote for the labour party to be put back in charge when there is so much anger against them

If you dont agree with them as a lot of people dont THEN VOTE THEM OUT ,THEY ARE RUBBISH

Why oh Why do the people of Sheffield still vote for the labour party to be put back in charge when there is so much anger against them

If you dont agree with them as a lot of people dont THEN VOTE THEM OUT ,THEY ARE RUBBISH

Sadly the voters of Sheffield are fickle, they complain about the "council", vote one party out then complain about the new leaders and then vote them out. There is no pleasing anyone.

Remember, no matter who you vote for the council always get in.

The only way to get the council you want is to stand as a councillor and do what you want until you get voted out because the people of Sheffield don't like your ideas.

Well a Councillor friend of mine is going to ask questions on Monday when she comes back from her hols.

I just copied this from health sites to show the stupidity and disregard for public health being shown here.

"There are several very common diseases that can be transmitted to dogs, cats and people through feces. These include giardia, roundworms, salmonella, and Ecoli. In addition, your dog can spread or contract parvovirus or coronavirus through infected feces. All of these diseases are very serious and common and every effort should be made by pet owners to keep their pets and family away from potentially infected feces."

"Flies will consume and lay eggs in feces. These same flies will then come into your house and then spread disease as they pause on your counter and food."

"Rats can be attracted by animal feces. Inside the excrement there are usually bits of food that can be a valuable resource to the rat. In my many years of experience treating rat infestations, some of the worst have involved yards where dog feces is present."

Storing dog muck in the middle of a housing estate in a public park looks to show an outrageous disregard for the dangers to public health.