Once more Sheffield's Graves Park is used as a council tip.

Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.

• Yes I have no problem with part of Graves Park being used as a tip
    • No. The land should not be used for this storing this filth.
    • The land should be cleared up and restored as public parkland.
    • Who cares as long as it’s not in a park near me.

It's a disgrace but not as much a disgrace as charging those who need to use a car to pay for parking to use the park and not as much a disgrace as the fact that the whole park is one big dog toilet.

When you park up and walk across the field to the playground, you get dogs running free jumping up at you and your kids with dog crap all over their paws. It's disgusting.

It sounds delightful.

photos here

Thanks for the photos.

Now we know where all those abandoned fridges in Page Hall end up.

Perhaps it would be better if they didn't keep wasting money trying to sell bits of the park or transporting old fridges and dog muck from Hillsborough etc so that they can chuck it around in Graves Park.

That has no relevance to responsible dog owners or car park charges but if true it's wrong.

ER... didn't this happen some years ago, then the council used it as an excuse to try and sell the land off?

Yes. For houses.

It stinks, and I'm not just talking about what they are dumping.

I don't think we have to catch them doing anything. The Friends of Graves Park have told me the Council have admitted doing it and think it's OK. So that's alright then!

Regarding the waste at Graves Park, the best thing to do is to report it to the Environment Agency. The person you need to contact there is David Griffiths. Here's his email and the EA phone number: davidj.griffiths@environment-agency.gov.uk 01709 389201 The park is allowed to temporarily store its own rubbish there, but they are not allowed to bring in rubbish from other parks or facilities without appropriate permits, which they are very unlikely to have.

One might be forgiven for thinking that rather than constribute towards maintaining Graves Park that the council would rather let it become run down and unused to such a point that there will be little or no objection to them selling it off to family and/or friends that happen to be property developers.

Obviously that would never happen.... but it is easy to imagine.

One might be forgiven for thinking that rather than constribute towards maintaining Graves Park that the council would rather let it become run down and unused to such a point that there will be little or no objection to them selling it off to family and/or friends that happen to be property developers.

Obviously that would never happen.... but it is easy to imagine.

Perhaps the trustees of the Graves Park Charity should consider whether they are actually acting in the interests of the charity they represent or the politicians who give them their orders.

As a regular visitor of Graves park my observation is the vast majority of dog owners are responsible.

There are so many dogs that visit the park that if they were not "it" would be everywhere.

However a small minority give the rest a bad name.