Once more Sheffield's Graves Park is used as a council tip.

Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable for the council to use parkland as a tipping ground.

• Yes I have no problem with part of Graves Park being used as a tip
    • No. The land should not be used for this storing this filth.
    • The land should be cleared up and restored as public parkland.
    • Who cares as long as it’s not in a park near me.

Where do you recommend the fly tipping and litter should be stored before removal, just left where it was found?

Where do you think the wood chipping should be stored if the council is using the wood chip storage to collect old bikes, carpets and old mattresses?

Edited by Scabbydog

Where do you think the wood chipping should be stored if the council is using the wood chip storage to collect old bikes, carpets and old mattresses?

Why are the "council" collecting old bikes, carpets and mattresses?

Why are the "council" collecting old bikes, carpets and mattresses?

Why not ask them? So no answer to the question I asked of you?

Edited by Scabbydog

Why not ask them? So no answer to the question I asked of you?

So all the dog muck, litter and fly tipping should be left where it is found, problem solved. The thread can now be closed.

So all the dog muck, litter and fly tipping should be left where it is found, problem solved. The thread can now be closed.

No, Blackbeard - it should be collected - as it is - and then transported to an authorised waste management facility - NOT a public park!

No, Blackbeard - it should be collected - as it is - and then transported to an authorised waste management facility - NOT a public park!

The pictures I have been shown on this thread are of waste waiting for collection and it is obvious that it is not stored in parts of the parks that have open access to the public.

The pictures I have been shown on this thread are of waste waiting for collection and it is obvious that it is not stored in parts of the parks that have open access to the public.

True - but fridges and other items which OBVIOUSLY did not originate within the park(s) should surely go straight to said waste management, no?

True - but fridges and other items which OBVIOUSLY did not originate within the park(s) should surely go straight to said waste management, no?

The quote I read on here was that the fridges had had their motors stripped out, it looks very much like the scrap man has taken the good bits and dumped the worthless rubbish for the "council" to deal with.

part of the very first post on this thread reads

"called to see the place myself today and the smell was awful. To compound the reckless behaviour there are several old fridges and freezers just dumped on the site with their motors removed and the greenhouse gasses allowed to escape to damage the Ozone layer."

The blame is clearly laid at the council, they must have done it!

Edited by Blackbeard

The quote I read on here was that the fridges had had their motors stripped out, it looks very much like the scrap man has taken the good bits and dumped the worthless rubbish for the "council" to deal with.

part of the very first post on this thread reads

"called to see the place myself today and the smell was awful. To compound the reckless behaviour there are several old fridges and freezers just dumped on the site with their motors removed and the greenhouse gasses allowed to escape to damage the Ozone layer."

The blame is clearly laid at the council, they must have done it!

Fridges and freezers are controlled waste. Graves Park is not a licensed tip. The council will be breaking the law tipping them there. Quite clearly the fridge leaning over in this photograph still has its motor in place. So the CFCs will most likely still be in it.

In fact the one behind it does too.

Edited by Scabbydog

Fridges and freezers are controlled waste. Graves Park is not a licensed tip. The council will be breaking the law tipping them there. Quite clearly the fridge leaning over in this photograph still has its motor in place. So the CFCs will most likely still be in it.

In fact the one behind it does too.

It is only some folks on here that call it a tip, do you have any proof that the rubbish was going to be left there permanently? Or is it just another attempt to stir things up, just think if it was intended to be permanent they would soon have to take over the bowling greens, the amount of rubbish left by the good folks of Sheffield. I know it was not one of the Sheffield councillors personally duping his rubbish in the Park, my wife saw one at the local dump it with his rubbish.

It is only some folks on here that call it a tip, do you have any proof that the rubbish was going to be left there permanently? Or is it just another attempt to stir things up, just think if it was intended to be permanent they would soon have to take over the bowling greens, the amount of rubbish left by the good folks of Sheffield. I know it was not one of the Sheffield councillors personally duping his rubbish in the Park, my wife saw one at the local dump it with his rubbish.

Actually it is folk on the forum, folk on face book, folk on the radio, folk on TV, and folk from the Environment Agency who have been calling it a tip. That's because wagons carrying trash, litter, faeces, old carpets, fridges have been turning up and tipping in the park. They are even discussing it on Leeds Forum. It seems that the information regarding the misuse of charitable land has also been sent to the Chariy Commission so they will probably be discussing it as well.

If that is the image that Sheffield council wants to send to the world it is doing a great job.

So you think it's okay if it's only dumped there on a temporary basis then?