Burglary in Highfield Monday Night (ringroad/Bramall Ln/Shoreham St)

Last night our house was broken into on a street in Highfield on Monday night, door panel kicked in and door levered open, some goods stolen but think it was quick in & out. Think it must have happened in late evening after sunset and definitely before half-past midnight.

Later in the evening a silver Ford Focus was seen on our road acting strangely (drove past our house, stopped, turned lights off, possibly saw me outside, then turned lights back on and drove off after about 15 seconds). Reg plate began CK61. No idea if was connected but possibly they had come back for the rest by which time we had come home.

Please everyone be alert and if you have seen a similar car or heard of similar incidents lately please let me know (and obviously the police)

Edited by tinpotradio

Where abouts was this we had our house broken into on Charlotte road 2 weeks ago! They kicked the panel on the door through and snapped the door! Also another landlord I know had his done last week on Clough road! Again door kicked through!

Sorry to hear about this :(. It happened to me last year. If you can afford it, consider a composite door as a replacement - they shouldn't get through one of those.

@Beks, I don't want to say exactly which street on this public forum but safe to say yes, we live in very much that area. Police took photos and got fingerprints, so if you reported to police too hopefully they can notice a pattern assuming it is the same people.

Our landlord is getting us a replacement door which will hopefully be stronger.

---------- Post added 10-07-2014 at 15:10 ----------

Just to add to this about an hour ago another house was broken into, this one on Charlotte Road by Lancing Road. Door put through and TV on pavement. I am informed though that the police arrested two men. So hopefully it was the same guys!

---------- Post added 10-07-2014 at 19:24 ----------

Just to add to this at about 1:30pm today another house was broken into, this one on Charlotte Road by Lancing Road. Door put through and TV on pavement. I am informed though that the police arrested two men. So hopefully it was the same guys!

Edited by tinpotradio