Sheffield Steelers 2014/15 Season

We are now on sale with the Steelers Car Park Season Ticket. For more info and to buy click the link. More exciting @steelershockey coming soon... https://www.sheffieldboxoffice.com/sheffieldarena/Online/default.asp?doWork%3A%3AWScontent%3A%3AloadArticle=Load&BOparam%3A%3AWScontent%3A%3AloadArticle%3A%3Aarticle_id=40CB6331-8CAB-4AC8-90F4-C4095A5BC677

Are they going to sign any players this year? :hihi:

Regards

Doom

@steelershockey have this morning confirmed the signing of forward Pascal Morency after receiving his completed paperwork over the weekend. Morency is the second of Gerad Adams import signings after bringing in Jay Latulippe. Don't forget the first half of the season's fixtures will be announced tomorrow...

---------- Post added 15-07-2014 at 12:11 ----------

The wait is over, we now have the schedule for first part of the 2014/15 season @steelershockey fixtures @motorpointarena - check it out! On sale Friday 25th July 9am!

http://www.motorpointarenasheffield.co.uk/whats-on/sheffield-steelers-2400/

---------- Post added 16-07-2014 at 09:48 ----------

Steelers 2014 home fixtures @MotorpointArena announced http://www.motorpointarenasheffield.co.uk/whats-on/sheffield-steelers-2400/ tickets on sale 9am Friday 25th July.

Steelers v Dundee 6th September at Arena postponed due to ice plant failure more info available http://www.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/arena-opener-against-dundee-postponed-due-to-ice-plant-failure-p193410

---------- Post added 08-09-2014 at 10:39 ----------

The Sheffield Steelers and Motorpoint Arena regret to confirm that works on the ice plant at the arena remain ongoing and therefore this Sundays home opener for the club will be moved to ICE Sheffield.

Steelers Vs. Fife Flyers: Sunday 14th September (ICE Sheffield) Face Off 5.00pm

Arena General Manager Rob O'Shea said "We are throwing all our resources at the issue. Since a problem was first identified on the 26th August we have been working with the ice engineers to expose & check the pipework."

"We are obviously concerned and disappointed" said Steelers owner Tony Smith "that the ice won't be ready for Sunday but we are satisfied that all that could be done is being done by both the Arena and the engineers contracted to fix the remaining issues. The problem is greater than we had first hoped and thus taking longer to identify and repair".

"We are lucky to have the ice facility at ICE Sheffield so we are at least able to play against Fife. We can't thank all at ICE Sheffield enough for accommodating us as such short notice

"The game against Fife was of course a season ticket game. However now the fixture has been moved to ICE Sheffield that won't be the case and we ask all Steelers fans attending the game to purchase their tickets from the Box Office (0114 256 5656) from 12 noon today - Monday 8th Sept.

"The Steelers season ticket has always been for 25 Arena games and this will continue to be the case. We will advise supporters as soon as possible of the replacement EIHL games that will be moved into the Arena and their dates once the plant is up and running and we can confidently confirm these fixtures.

"In the meantime we ask fans to bear with us and thank them for their patience. We are as anxious as them to return to the Arena and are monitoring the situation daily. I, along with head coach Gerad Adams will be holding a fan forum at the Holiday Inn Hotel on Wednesday evening to answer fans questions on all matters relating to the club, team and I guess now the ice as well. I look forward to meeting many supporters there.

---------- Post added 08-09-2014 at 11:29 ----------

Sunday's @Steelershockey fixture v Fife that has been moved to ice sheffield is now on sale, click to buy... http://tinyurl.com/qfsn95w

Edited by Arena Mole

Hey Arena Mole, or anyone who can answer this!

I've not been to a game at Ice Sheffield yet, but after waiting so long for hockey this one I've got a ticket for.

What is parking like at Ice Sheffield, if indeed there is any? I live outside Sheffield so I'd rather drive if I can?

Parking will be no problem. Ice Sheffield is only located basically behind the Arena so you can park in the same car park and walk round.

Kieron

Parking will be no problem. Ice Sheffield is only located basically behind the Arena so you can park in the same car park and walk round.

Kieron

Hey thanks a lot for this Kieron! Appreciate the reply!

I wondered about this, wasn't sure if the Arena would allow it. Guess there's nothing booked there though under the circumstances!

Cheers afain.

No problem.

Ice Sheffield does have some parking but probably not worth the hassle for the sake of a 30 second walk. Ice Sheffield may even open up the field (Don Valley Bowl) which would make even more space at Ice Sheffield.

Kieron

Should be no problems at all then :) Cheers man, you're a top lad helping out with this.

No problem at all!

Enjoy the night!

#Steeeelllleeeerrrrsss #WeAreNo1