Owls Transfer News 2014

Yeah, was about to ask where Campion has come from :) I read a report on him via a Wednesdayite tweet saying he is excellent at holding up the ball and works hard but is sometimes too cheeky for his own good. Sounds like a Frenchman with work ethic, could be a good one!

By the way: this is beginning to look like a decent team with a good young core in it:

Selected in York: Kirkland, Palmer, Helan, Hutchinson, Mattock, Semedo, Coke, Campion, Madine, Maguire, Maghoma

Substitutes: Wildsmith, Sanders, Floro, Corry, Lee, McCabe, Young, Stobbs, Nuhiu, Antonio, Lavery

Very young bench though, will need some shoring up, but actually, if we are intending to play youngsters than this team looks like it might stay up without too much difficulty - just need a real Centre Back now.

Edited by tzijlstra

Yeah, was about to ask where Campion has come from :) I read a report on him via a Wednesdayite tweet saying he is excellent at holding up the ball and works hard but is sometimes too cheeky for his own good. Sounds like a Frenchman with work ethic, could be a good one!

By the way: this is beginning to look like a decent team with a good young core in it:

Selected in York: Kirkland, Palmer, Helan, Hutchinson, Mattock, Semedo, Coke, Campion, Madine, Maguire, Maghoma

Substitutes: Wildsmith, Sanders, Floro, Corry, Lee, McCabe, Young, Stobbs, Nuhiu, Antonio, Lavery

Very young bench though, will need some shoring up, but actually, if we are intending to play youngsters than this team looks like it might stay up without too much difficulty - just need a real Centre Back now.

Are there any other players of note in the squad that weren't at York? That looks more like a squad to be very competitive in L1, rather than a challenger or even stable Championship squad. Without some significant additions or a good start, it could be another hard slog. With the new owners incoming, the fans deserve to see at least a bit of ambition from above.

At least you've got a decent keeper coming in (Westwood), more than adequate in the Championship. Looks like you could do with getting some clarity from above about signing players - it's not ideal having to make do in the loan market every season (as we did last year when the Prince came on board just after the Summer transfer window closed...).

Loovens signing tomorrow.really pleased about that,would be great if johnson was the next one to sign.

madine back from carlisle then?

madine back from carlisle then?

Been here since they returned back from summer mel,looking fit and raring to go.:)

We have a young French centre forward by the name of Achille Campion in the starting line-up against York today.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/achille-campion/profil/spieler/308489

says on swfcs site hes only a trialist tho

---------- Post added 12-07-2014 at 19:18 ----------

Been here since they returned back from summer mel,looking fit and raring to go.:)

wasnt sure wed want him back tbh, good if hes raring to go, and knuckles down

says on swfcs site hes only a trialist tho

---------- Post added 12-07-2014 at 19:18 ----------

wasnt sure wed want him back tbh, good if hes raring to go, and knuckles down

I might be the only one,but I honestly think we will see the best of madine this season.

I might be the only one,but I honestly think we will see the best of madine this season.

tbh im not so sure, think hes a league one player really, we'll see, like i said if he knuckles down and concentrates, and gets some decent balls who knows

tbh im not so sure, think hes a league one player really, we'll see, like i said if he knuckles down and concentrates, and gets some decent balls who knows

Yep, I'd go along with that, if there is anything in there a spot of good man management will bring it out

It certainly will be interesting to see how Madine develops, this is a make or break year for him. I think we all know he has some potential, but he needs to bring it for a whole season.

Loovens coming back is ace. It isn't a team that will compete in the top half of the table yet, but like I said, I actually like the fact that we seem to be giving some youngsters a shot at establishing themselves.

Only a rumour I have heard from a company we deal with in Leicester, that Chris Wood is coming on a season loan ,but it could be a wind up so like I said it is only a rumour...