The york pub in broomhill

Anybody had food there and if so whats it like?

Really good. Have been for numerous meals in there and never really had a bad one.

Also agreed. Very nice place for food.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

All the FCB outlets have good food and drink. The fact that you get table service for both as well helps them stand out above your average pub. ASnd many, like the York, have a seperate dining area as well. So you're nevfer eating alongside a group of people stood up drinking.

I had a calamari starter there and a salad, and I thought both were very good. They also have a wide selection of drinks, including unusual offerings such as American root beer.

Got a mate in the kitchen, absolutely top notch.

Back in Sheff for a couple of days this week,will do the Broomhill session,always have snap at York.

We've tried a lot of their food over a few months and it was always the same good quality. Go and find out for yourself. It's worth it.

The people who work there are very nice but the food is the stuff of ridiculous novelty and virtually inedible for it. I'm all for experimentation and combining unusual ingredients but if the motive is to be as silly as possible then the results are not going to be good.

Call me a dreary old traditionalist if you will but I'm quite fond of eating off a plate and using chopping boards for their originally intended function.

Also, when I ask for the bill, it's a bit disorienting to be presented with an old book instead. If I want to search through tomes for surprise contents, I'll go to a library.

It's somewhere to avoid if you're not given to absurdist, masochistic humour and just want a good meal.

Booked in advance- arrived in plenty of time.

No record of booking despite having added a place three days before.

Thankfully- as the place was very loud and so busy that the drinkers were standing in the dining area.

Suggestion- double check booking on the day and avoid weekends.