Flipping Magpies.

Does anyone else have a problem with magpies at dawn walking on window ledges and in the guttering??very loud,very annoying,and has been a constant thing for the last 5-6 weeks.

As soon as the light of day emerges(4.50am this morn)they start-walking too and frow.

Scrapping,squalking,but physically out of reach.:mad:

one dratted thing was banging on our roof with some mortar that it had nicked, no idea what it was doing but three cats were sat on the window ledge transfixed ... I lept out of bed as I thought it was and emergency and someone was banging on the door at 2am LOL

yes, had one making a lot of noise took me a while to realise it was the magpie! had no idea that made that kind of clicking noise.

We have a wood behind our house and it is a constant noise as soon as day breaks. The other birds sound really nice but they sound like they're being strangled, it's just awful!!

My boyfriend isn't a morning person so he doesn't take it very kindly, but it's just tough seen as there's naff all anyone can do, and they are only doing what comes naturally.

We have a wood behind our house and it is a constant noise as soon as day breaks. The other birds sound really nice but they sound like they're being strangled, it's just awful!!

My boyfriend isn't a morning person so he doesn't take it very kindly, but it's just tough seen as there's naff all anyone can do, and they are only doing what comes naturally.

I forgot to add that we live on the fringe of a wood,and our back garden backs onto it-aswell as the magpies,friday in the wee hours we had Foxes wailing-i take it they are in season or just had young?living on the fringe of woodland is beutiful,but in the small hours of the night,it can be pretty creepy on our back garden!

Get a pellet gun and be rid of them then??

Get a pellet gun and be rid of them then??

Not that i would want to go out and buy a weapon,but knowing my luck,i would pull the trigger just as the nosey neighbour puts her big smoggie haircut through the window and id hit her!!!!:hihi:

Do you think it may be squirrels making the noise in the woods, they sound very like magpies, make a chattering noise when they are alarmed. There are loads of them where I live, always having arguments with the birds in the trees.X

Magpies are fabulous creatures, intelligent, adaptable, resourceful and highly organised. They are also quite beautiful, noticeable if one only takes the time to watch them. Accolades that one would hesitate to ascribe to many human beings (possibly).

Edited by beefface

They also keep your guttering free of obstacles, lobbing out chunks of moss etc as they look for wood lice to scoff.

Magpies are fabulous creatures, intelligent, adaptable, resourceful and highly organised. They are also quite beautiful, noticeable if one only takes the time to watch them. Accolades that one could hesitate to ascribe to many human beings (possibly).

I could watch them for hours until they killed one of there own! No idea why!

i don't mind the magpie that much tbh, we live near a huge woodland area so we are used to wood pigeons cuckoo's owls and allsorts i just was amazed that a magpie made such a sqwark!