The Katie Hopkins syndrome.

I

she says things that some people don't like and their only recourse is abuse.

I can definitely relate to that. I guess some people don't know how to express themselves in a professional manner when their world views are challenged.

That's the whole point of a social commentator, to provoke a reaction. What gives you the right to determine whether she has anything worthwhile to say?

We all have the right to judge that and even to share our opinion about it if we like.

Oh and isn't it a bit sexist to describe a woman who speaks up in public as a whore?

"Attention whore", not "whore".

Quite different phrases really, a man could just as easily be an attention whore.

That's the whole point of a social commentator, to provoke a reaction. What gives you the right to determine whether she has anything worthwhile to say?

Oh and isn't it a bit sexist to describe a woman who speaks up in public as a whore?

I thought the point of a social commentator is to provide insight. Melanie Philipps and Polly Toynbee from different political perspectives do. Katie Hopkins doesn't.

who is Katie Hopkins?

Oo

Katie Hopkins is a vile person who wants putting out to pasture. Can't stand this excuse of a woman.

See her talking a load of old crap

Katie Hopkins is a vile person who wants putting out to pasture. Can't stand this excuse of a woman.

See her talking a load of old crap

Is your name Tyler by any chance? :)

But seriously, Katie is just saying that in general, she wants her children to be associated with likeminded well to do families. Nothing wrong with that, personal preference. In the bigger picture, she is right to do that, we all become who we associate with on a regular basis. So it makes sense to steer your children in the right direction which is to surround them with the most upper class people as you can. it's a time old strategy. It's really no big deal. She just came out and said it that's all.

Is your name Tyler by any chance? :)

But seriously, Katie is just saying that in general, she wants her children to be associated with likeminded well to do families. Nothing wrong with that, personal preference. In the bigger picture, she is right to do that, we all become who we associate with on a regular basis. So it makes sense to steer your children in the right direction which is to surround them with the most upper class people as you can. it's a time old strategy. It's really no big deal. She just came out and said it that's all.

really, and upper class people cant be dodgy or douches?

And by starting this thread you have given her another platform, well done :loopy:

really, and upper class people cant be dodgy or douches?

Of course they can, but birds of a feather like to flock together, just human nature. I would give a comparison using our city, but I won't because it might offend. But lets say that you live in an affluent part of one the few nicer post codes in Sheffield, would you want your two children playing with kids from the same nice area from the same good school, or with kids from one of the rough council estates in the northern part of the city. I mean, if we're being honest, she's not saying anything that isn't practiced every single day by all parents.

I must admit I didn't know who Katie Hopkins was until I did a search for her. Not sure of her views or opinions but she writes for the Sun?

Remember what Jasper Carrott had to say about the Sun?

Never heard of this person before.

I really can't be bothered to research any of this woman's previous or other output but to be honest I see nothing wrong the statement she made in the link provided by alchrearch.

For that matter I don't see much to disagree with in most of the comments by those commenting on her statement.

A very quick scan (2 minutes at most) of Britain First seems to show that this site may be interesting but I won't use Facebook.

Katie Hopkins is an attention whore. Nothing else really. It's all very well to describe oneself as a social commentator (as she does), but she hasn't got anything worthwhile to say, she's just a troll and thrivesoff the controversy that she creates.

Pretty sad really.

Katie Hopkins is always on the TV or in the papers, her trolling is read by thousands of people, she gets paid well for doing it and she's done pretty well for herself.

Mister M is always on here, his trolling is read by tens of people, he doesn't get paid at all and he admits himself he's achieved very little in life.

Now who's the "pretty sad" one? :hihi:

Forking off from another thread (didn't want to go off-topic)...

In fact, this is something of a trend in human society. If you say something of value, something considered and intelligent; hardly anyone pays attention to you.

However, if you say something inane, carefully designed to be controversial, you get all the attention under the sun.

It's the Katie Hopkins syndrome! Does anyone else notice this?

Yep, Jezza Clarkson has made a career from it