The man who lives in 1946.

Youv'e been watching too much Star Trek !!

Technology advances at incredible speed, but teleportation and time travel will never happen,

these belong to fiction not reality.

You are behind the times, excuse the pun. I remember the advances that were announce on the news about this around 2004. It has already been achieved with an atom so small it can not be seen with the human eye, only a microscope, like the tiny bugs that are so small that live on our body that we can't see.

They can do it with micro matter, so it will be only a matter of time before we advance to larger matter. Incredible.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28106466

Fascinating that this man has lived in, preserved and collected everything from the 1940s era.

Which era would you like to turn back the clock and live in?

Thats easy for me to answer!!

The 70s -- LAST PURE DECADE...... Awesome music,awesome TV,etc..........

The 70s the last PURE decade? Two words...Jimmy Saville.

Edited by lipschitz

My granddad used to say ya good old days until you got toothache :gag:

The 70s the last PURE decade? Two words...Jimmy Saville.
I have heard he wasnt a good person...

You are behind the times, excuse the pun. I remember the advances that were announce on the news about this around 2004. It has already been achieved with an atom so small it can not be seen with the human eye, only a microscope, like the tiny bugs that are so small that live on our body that we can't see.

They can do it with micro matter, so it will be only a matter of time before we advance to larger matter. Incredible.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

That's not teleporting matter - that's transmitting the information about the energy state of matter from one location to another. It doesn't move anything at all.

That's not teleporting matter - that's transmitting the information about the energy state of matter from one location to another. It doesn't move anything at all.

Try this re. Teleportation. It's been done, re. Matter.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/onlinestuff/snot/will_we_just_teleport_from_place_to_place_in_future.aspx

No it hasn't. A photon is not matter, a photon is energy.

Teleportation from one place to another violates many fundamental rules of physics. Whilst you can transmit information via quantum entanglement, that is not moving matter about.

That's my imbibing memory family altogether, we always have family over Sunday; don't forget Sunday tea, little sandwiches; jelly & cream then it was radio on & Sing something Simple.

Then we'd all take it in turns in the tin bath, us being kids were last in & we'd come out muckier lol.

Who can forget Sunday tea-time, with salmon paste sandwiches on hovis, in the days when hovis actually was brown!

Time travel will never happen since there is no mention of any kind recorded in history of any visitors from another time ever having appeared among the peoples who existed in the past

Time travel will never happen since there is no mention of any kind recorded in history of any visitors from another time ever having appeared among the peoples who existed in the past

Whilst I'm extremely sceptical about the possibility of time travel, the above doesn't indicate anything about forward time travel.

That's because it hasn't been invented yet. Once it is invented, new timelines will be created when people use it to go back and change the course of history.