Yellow bikes and bunting

Ive done my bit too.Just disgusted with the rest of route

;) good on ya !

Guest sibon
What actually is their bit?

Are you suggesting they have no responsibility for promoting this event?

My parents live in Grenoside, tonight I was explaining to my Mother that there will be a lot more than just bikes passing through the village....There's been very little promotion/explanation of what the whole event entails.

I'm guessing the likes of Leeds and York have put far more effort into promoting this event to the masses.

Regards

Doom

Tell your parents to get off their arses and do something constructive. Why are they reliant upon the council to make the area look nice. It is your parents' responsibility, not the council's. Unless you are part of the something for nothing brigade:rolleyes:

A lot of the posters on this forum complain that the city is second rate, being left behind others in the world yet when a free of charge sporting event is on their door step still something must be complained about. I would love events like this to happen every year, having events to talk about, community spirit and a feel good factor of being a part of 'something' no matter how short lived.

A lot of the posters on this forum complain that the city is second rate, being left behind others in the world yet when a free of charge sporting event is on their door step still something must be complained about. I would love events like this to happen every year, having events to talk about, community spirit and a feel good factor of being a part of 'something' no matter how short lived.

Very good post, I highlighted the parts that should matter to everyone. ;)

Is it free then? I thought it'd cost quite a few million quid to attract the event here (not necessarily from council funds).

Is it free then? I thought it'd cost quite a few million quid to attract the event here (not necessarily from council funds).

I don't recall being asked to stump up anything up for it? Did you get a request for extra contributions from your wages or a reduction from your benefits? No it would have been the same regardless, the gov put 10 million up I think, very small drop across the country, you would have more of a complaint if that 10 million was spent on a event far far from Sheffield.

Tell your parents to get off their arses and do something constructive. Why are they reliant upon the council to make the area look nice. It is your parents' responsibility, not the council's. Unless you are part of the something for nothing brigade:rolleyes:

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I believe if the Council are going to spend money on attracting an event like this, they have to enter into it wholeheartedly if they want to showcase the city properly.

The A61 is the 2nd busiest road into the city and the TdF will be travelling along it, yet there are no positive signs of this event taking place along that stretch of road.

As for my parents, I'm sure my Dad would be delighted if he could get off his arse and do something, unfortunately the two walking sticks he uses to be able to get from the Living Room to the Kitchen suggest otherwise.....Here, have your eyes back :rolleyes:

Regards

Doom

What has happened to all the bunting yellow bikes flags etc.After Grenoside there is nothing.Bradfield, Worral,Oughtibridge look lovely.I went on the route via car and felt so excited to see all the roads houses and pubs dect out.You come down Halifax Rd and nothing a few bits of ribbon on lamp post up Herries Rd. Come on Sheffield council and people get your finger out.:):D

Really, it doesn't matter how much you dress up the route because whoever chose it is a rank idiot or collection thereof. After watching the Radio Sheffield video of the route I couldn't believe the latter part and the image it will portray of Sheffield. Just as well that the coverage is up against F1 and the tennis but after the backdrop of beautiful Yorkshire to make us all proud we'll be into Hillsborough, Burngreave (God almighty!), Wincobank (why, why, why?) and (of course) Meadowhell. It's an absolute joke. After the negative bashing that Sheffield has had recently on T.V. with those fly on the wall documentaries about Page Hall and the feckless dole scrubbers we could do with painting a better picture than this.

well said Tigersoul