Yellow bikes and bunting

Guest sibon

He's not understood the fuss whilst he's been in Sheffield, because the effort from the Council has been pathetic, it's taken a trip out into the sticks for him to finally realise what it's all about.

On another issue, the weather for Sunday isn't looking too bad now. :)

Regards

Doom

What does it have to do with the council?

The decoration in the villages has been done by the villagers. Maybe they are just better citizens.

The decoration in the villages has been done by the villagers. Maybe they are just better citizens.

Was just going to say the same, the efforts in the rural areas are not done by council employees.

Guest sibon
Sheffield Council has always been pants at organising stuff, why have they not encouraged people to make bunting, offered places for groups to organise and prepare it and then offered to get some of their street lighting vans out putting the stuff up for people.

They don't care, all you get is the odd councilor bumming up to news crews like Calender and Look North and taking credit for local voluntary groups that get off their back sides to make something of this event.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That is all.

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 23:39 ----------

Was just going to say the same, the efforts in the rural areas are not done by council employees.

None of the efforts anywhere are done by the council. That won't stop the Doom mongers from having a pop though.

Well done to the council for bringing such an event here. I was in Bradfield this morning. The atmosphere is truly electric.

That's what I said....The villages have made the effort, rather than the Council.

Regards

Doom

not seen any bunting about to decorate with.I am sure the villages have not put the large flags up on there street lights. how have they reached the hight they are.

not seen any bunting about to decorate with.I am sure the villages have not put the large flags up on there street lights. how have they reached the hight they are.

Same way I did, shimmied up the post ?

I have put the stuff up all over the place, and I did not look to find any either, I made it :)

Guest sibon
That's what I said....The villages have made the effort, rather than the Council.

Regards

Doom

What does it have to do with the council. They've already done their bit.

A real of seam, some yellow material or plastic, a sowing machine or stapler.

The just a bit of spit in the palm of each hand and with the bunting in the mouth its off up the lamp post :D

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 23:54 ----------

Well done to you

It will only happen once, may as well make the effort. Its no good looking back and thinking it turned out ok and you wished you got more involved.

Still time for anyone to tart something up before Sunday :)

What does it have to do with the council. They've already done their bit.

What actually is their bit?

Are you suggesting they have no responsibility for promoting this event?

My parents live in Grenoside, tonight I was explaining to my Mother that there will be a lot more than just bikes passing through the village....There's been very little promotion/explanation of what the whole event entails.

I'm guessing the likes of Leeds and York have put far more effort into promoting this event to the masses.

Regards

Doom

Maybe the council know they'll get grief if they fritter away council money on pointless decorations - especially when they can see the village people doing it off their own backs anyway. The vast majority of Sheffield doesn't have the route passing through it, so no reason to do anything special for this - particularly in the city centre.

Ive done my bit too.Just disgusted with the rest of route