Mugabe says the remaining white farmers must get out of Zimbabwe

Hi i travel to Zimbabwe a lot , I know you have high lighted white farmers but Black farmers have been removed by force too ! these are Black Zimbabweans so while i agree there is a move against white people and yes it apartheid, we perhaps can learn a lesson here !! this is how we have treated them in past

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 16:39 ----------

most of the white population who have British heritage can still come here on an ancestral rights and even hold a british passport

Not really because it wasn't us that treated them badly.

Hi i travel to Zimbabwe a lot , I know you have high lighted white farmers but Black farmers have been removed by force too ! these are Black Zimbabweans so while i agree there is a move against white people and yes it apartheid, we perhaps can learn a lesson here !! this is how we have treated them in past

hi if you travel to zimbabwe alot you should know that

they never “had” the land in the first place, the nGuni people moved down slowly from East Africa, settling a place using all the resources and when this was depleted moved on south/south west always moving down towards the south, the the time the foremost of the nGuni tribes met the white settlers in the Eastern cape I can assure you their first thought was that the whites were there before them. And land ownership as such was never an African concept not in the modern sense.:)

Not really because it wasn't us that treated them badly.

our ancestors behaved badly colonials went over to live there and treated them appallingly

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 17:02 ----------

hi if you travel to zimbabwe alot you should know that

they never “had” the land in the first place, the nGuni people moved down slowly from East Africa, settling a place using all the resources and when this was depleted moved on south/south west always moving down towards the south, the the time the foremost of the nGuni tribes met the white settlers in the Eastern cape I can assure you their first thought was that the whites were there before them. And land ownership as such was never an African concept not in the modern sense.:)

I travel to Zimbabwe 4 times a year to work with a charity

Imagine the outcry if white folk were discriminating against blacks in such a manner.

Sadly a lot of black folks did have to 'imagine' it, because there was no 'outcry' for decades in southern Africa.

But back to your OP, Mugabe is indeed a murderous animal, no better (or worse) than the regime his administration replaced, whether the west will have any appetite for, (or eye on profiteering from) intervention remains to be seen, but I feel sorry for the farmers (of whatever colour) who are being brutalised and displaced.

Sadly a lot of black folks did have to 'imagine' it, because there was no 'outcry' for decades in southern Africa.

But back to your OP, Mugabe is indeed a murderous animal, no better (or worse) than the regime his administration replaced, whether the west will have any appetite for, (or eye on profiteering from) intervention remains to be seen, but I feel sorry for the farmers (of whatever colour) who are being brutalised and displaced.

Exactly. I'm afraid that unless one of those farmers strikes oil or the Ruskies take an interest in Mozambique or Zambia then the West will leave them to it.

As for Mugabe, he's a nasty piece of work. He seems to be spitefully planning 5-10 years ahead. Which is really weird because he's not going to be here.

When the country is finally on it's knees and famine is rife who will be expected to give 'just £3 a month' to stop these poor people from starving? The very people who Mugabe kicked out in the first place. Will other African countries contribute aid to Zimbabwe when it's struggling?

When the country is finally on it's knees and famine is rife who will be expected to give 'just £3 a month' to stop these poor people from starving? The very people who Mugabe kicked out in the first place. Will other African countries contribute aid to Zimbabwe when it's struggling?

the contry has sold its mineral rights to the Chinese who are there now living , they won't allow whites to own the land but they sold the mines to the chinese is the the rational president ?

There are many organisations who are struggling to help the poorest of the poor there Food aid , world vision , Oxfam , help the children , Mine the gap , zimbabwean good shepard trust the list is endless . In Zimbabwe there are 12 million people , 98% unemployed and 9% orphaned and abandoned children

Why should these organisations struggle to help? The leader of the country cocks things up then lets charities around the world pick up the pieces, something wrong somewhere.

You do realise that Mugabe has and does do business with "white folk" and has received large sums of financial support from white businessmen who have made a difference in Zimbabwe. Just saying.

Tell us more.

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 19:15 ----------

The Chinese will likely effectively end up colonising Zimbabwe.

Which is effectively what they are doing in other parts of Africa that are desolate. The Africans are saying they are slaves to the Chinese, who are paying very low wages. In return the Africans are receiving huge financial help to bolster their country such as roads and schools etc.

Financial colonisation perhaps?

Edited by poppet2