Morrisons selling doggy fuel

I read an interesting post from someone who worked on the fuel pipelines abroad. Basically all the fuels go through the same pipeline, but at a changeover point (ie petrol to diesel) they pump the last of a batch of petrol and first of the batch of diesel into a large tank, the fuels then settle out due to differing densities and the lightest is 'skimmed off'. Supermarkets buy this as it's cheap and it brings down their bulk cost.

There's nothing wrong with it, it just isn't quite as pure as the fuel that Shell etc sell as they don't buy the skimmed off stuff. There's no reason for it to affect your vehicle, but as there's only a pound or two difference to fill a car up I don't bother with supermarket fuel.

sounds doggy bobbar to me

morrisons sell dodgy food aswell. they are just a dodgy place and a over priced one aswell

I sued another well known supermarket for selling dodgy diesel which blew up my engine. I traced the fuel back to the supplier and found out that his company often diluted diesel with petrol to make more money and fiddle the v.a.t. If you get in touch with me I will give you some ideas on how to prepare a civil action, BUT forget about it if you haven't got the petrol you are complaining of. You will need an analysis, and an engineer's report. In my case, the supermarket settled out of court. Good Luck.

I would be wary of supermarket fuels they are cheap for a reason less additives

There was an article in the Rotherham Advertiser about a lady who had filled her car at the said supermarket in Rotherham.She along with others had formed a group to take legal action as they all had the same trouble with injectors and filters clogging up because of bio additives.That was around Christmas but heard nothing since.

The latest fuel being tried is made from shipwrecks in the English Channel from the Spanish Armada/ English sea battles. They say you could get 80 miles to the galleon.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

It's going to run **** if it's made for dogs.

I read an interesting post from someone who worked on the fuel pipelines abroad. Basically all the fuels go through the same pipeline, but at a changeover point (ie petrol to diesel) they pump the last of a batch of petrol and first of the batch of diesel into a large tank, the fuels then settle out due to differing densities and the lightest is 'skimmed off'. Supermarkets buy this as it's cheap and it brings down their bulk cost.

There's nothing wrong with it, it just isn't quite as pure as the fuel that Shell etc sell as they don't buy the skimmed off stuff. There's no reason for it to affect your vehicle, but as there's only a pound or two difference to fill a car up I don't bother with supermarket fuel.

sounds doggy bobbar to me

Petrol dissolves in Diesel (or Diesel in petrol) so I wouldn't think they'd settle out in a tank, they'd just mix wouldn't they??

Afterall during cold winter months 'back in the day' you'd stick a couple of litres of petrol in a tank of diesel to thin it out and keep it flowing.

If they didn't mix the petrol would just sit on the top and do nothing right????

Surely the the doggy fuel would be detrimental to the cat in the exhaust ?

Sounds a bit ruff. :D

A man and a dog walk into a bar. The man asks the bartender if he can have a free drink if his dog can talk.

"OK."

"Spot, how does bark feel?"

Dog: "Ruff!"

"What's on top of the building?"

"Roof!"

"Give us a girl's name."

"Ruth!"

The bartender throws them out. On the kerb, the dog looks up at the man and says, "Should I have said Elizabeth?"