Looking to buy on Creswick Greave (Grenoside/Parson Cross)

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are looking at buying a house on Creswick Greave in Grenoside/Parson Cross. Our only concern is the location and due to the fact that Parson Cross seems to have a bad rep. I know nothing about the area, really, can anyone offer any advice or information? Is it as bad an area as I'm led to believe?

Thanks

J

I like the area, really close to Yewlands though if that is a concern?

Are you looking at the new homes / flats built on the corner plot? Can't believe how many places have been built on the place where the bungalow was, they had a massive garden.

I do quite a bit of work on there, everyone seems happy, if you drive round there you can see the people take care of their properties.Its not a road you go through to get somewhere else, kids seem to play safe.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am in fact looking at those new houses you mentioned. I don't know anything about the area so what do you mean by the yewlands?

It seemed like a nice quiet road to be fair as there is no real reason to pass through it unless you live there.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am in fact looking at those new houses you mentioned. I don't know anything about the area so what do you mean by the yewlands?

It seemed like a nice quiet road to be fair as there is no real reason to pass through it unless you live there.

Yewlands School is very close by, as is Mansel School.

I had a couple of School friends who lived on Creswick Greave, it always seemed a nice quiet area whenever I visited them, but that was over 30 years ago, so I can't say now.

Regards

Doom

Just to add, there is 3 schools nearby so that's the only time it will be busy, but if your out at them times it wont affect you.

If I was a alien, I would say " school " is a bad word looking at this forum. The same type of word like, mugging, prison, bad guys. . . . . If it wasn't for schools we would`t be here.

Its a nice area. . . Yes school kids getting dropped off in cars around 8.30 for a hour. Then busy at 3pm. The kids then keep inside the school and learn things about the world funnily enough.. . .

Quiet after that, quiet at the weekends because the schools are closed.

As for Mansel they are rowdy them lot the 5 to 11 year olds. And wooly wood school round the back .

If I had the money I would live there.

Thanks for the information guys, that's really helpful. Nobody seems concerned from your comments and from going back a couple of times I've not really seen any reason to not go for it.

Nearby schools don't really bother us too much as they're not schools that appear to let kids roam free during school hours.

What age groups are these schools by the way? All primary schools? Any Secondary schools?

Also, what are the local shops/pubs like? I know you can wander up to Grenoside which is quiet and has a couple of pubs. Are there any takeaways/shops/pubs that are open late round there at weekends for instance?

Just nice to know these things... :) Thanks again to all.