Anyone know where I can buy Sundew plants?

I'm after a sundew plant, anyone know of any garden centres locally that sell them?

the road up from me is called sundew gardens ( in high green where the arctic monkeys guy lives/ was from) what are they?

Newleaf garden centre used to have them.

the road up from me is called sundew gardens ( in high green where the arctic monkeys guy lives/ was from) what are they?

They are pretty little fly catching plants, great for getting rid of pesky fruit flies in the summer ;)

---------- Post added 03-07-2014 at 19:58 ----------

Newleaf garden centre used to have them.

Thanks, I'll have a look into that :)

I was watching Ray Mears the other day and he was talking about them.

I think he said something about them growing in acidic soil, but not sure as I've had a sleep since then.

I was watching Ray Mears the other day and he was talking about them.

I think he said something about them growing in acidic soil, but not sure as I've had a sleep since then.

Yes, they grow in acidic soil like peat and bogs, in common with other carnivorous plants. That's because those soils are low in nutrients, so the plants have evolved to get their nutrients from eating insects instead of directly from the soil.

Edited by Nagel

I purchased a selection of Carnivorous plants off ebay. Not the cheapest but very healthy selection. Inlcuded venus fly trap, pitcher plants and a couple of Drosera (sundews). Newleaf didnt have any in last weekend neither did Ward's