Sheffield council parking ticket

Mods, not sure if this should be merged onto one of the many parking threads;

Although I don't want to go into too much detail on a public forum I am eager to get some opinions on the following;

I received a parking ticket outside Sheffield Children's Hospital.

We had a family member in ICU for several weeks and, like everyone else, struggled with parking throughout this time.

On the day the ticket was issued, I had parked on the road near the A and E entrance ( free parking for 4 hours in an emergency - if you collect a ticket from reception) I headed straight to ICU without requesting a ticket.

I had been called to the hospital due to our family members condition deteriorating further and a family member who was staying there said to come ASAP as the Drs wished to discuss the dire situation.

My family member lost their courageous battle for life.

I have appealed on 2 occasions to Sheffield City Council but have been turned down both times.

Sorry about your family member...

That's disgusting! Hope you get out of it, robbing *****

Just pay the ticket.

You have no grounds for appeal and I guess you would be better off without the extra hassle.

Just pay the ticket.

You have no grounds for appeal and I guess you would be better off without the extra hassle.

Sheffield council are well known for being anti car and motorist hating ,and they couldnt give a monkey`s as long as their army of revenue collectors (meter maids ) keep bringing in cash they have lifted out of motorists wallets. They dont care if you have to park outside a hospital to be at the bedside of a very sick relative , they have NO heart , no compassion ,because where motorists are concerned they just want your money, simple as that.

Where were you supposed to park. There is absolutely zero parking spaces available round the children's. Under the circumstances it would be a very mercenary council that upheld this ticket.

Sorry to hear about the loss of you're family member.

Just pay the ticket.

This.

If they have rejected it twice, they aren't going to let you off if you appeal a third time.

They have rejected because I have not sent a copy of the death certificate as proof that I am telling the truth- which we do not have yet as the coroner is involved.

Further more after speaking to a 'manager' in the department yesterday I was informed that they needed to establish if it was 'planned' that the life support was being removed and if it was I had no case for appeal!!!!!!!!

I understand some comments of 'just pay' but for goodness sake..........

They have rejected because I have not sent a copy of the death certificate as proof that I am telling the truth- which we do not have yet as the coroner is involved.

Further more after speaking to a 'manager' in the department yesterday I was informed that they needed to establish if it was 'planned' that the life support was being removed and if it was I had no case for appeal!!!!!!!!

I understand some comments of 'just pay' but for goodness sake..........

Totally sympathise with your situation but you didn't explain this in the opening post. I am assuming that if you supply the Death cert it will be waved, perhaps a word with a local councillor/MP may strengthen your case?

Sorry for your loss.

It`s the principal of the matter

show a bit of compassion

how does anyone know how they would react ,in this horrible situation

im sure a parking ticket is the last thing on your mind

don`t pay

cor

What speedy 69 pointed out.

Why not get the persons Dr to write a letter explaining that the case is now being handled by the coroner or get the coroners office to explain no death certifcate becayse of xy issues. Do you know if they will be issuing an interim certificate which they can do.

If you dont know when it will be issued get them to confirm this. It seems they will use their discretion to waive if you provide this.

You can also get a letter from the hopsital explaining it was an emergency and they would have given you a free parking ticket from reception had you requested one, maybe they can cconfirm your presence that day as well.

Waste of energy talking about the injustice of it all , just give them what they want. Alternatively take the story to the Star if you feel its that watertight, but they do appear to have offered you a way out.

Edited by 999tigger

condolences on your loss ksms, although I understand your situation, the bays you parked in are for accident and emergency attendees only and the receptionist only gives out permits to those attending a and e. I know time may be of the essence but this could also be the case for a parent rushing their child into the hospital for emergency treatment which is what the bays are designed for and clearly printed of several signs including the huge ones on the railings.

contruary to what penistone999 views are, the problem parking services appeals officers face is that they hear everystory going to get out of a parking fine hence the reason evidence is required. As you have explained they have refused your appeal until you can provide evidence.

if you cannot provide a death cert I would advise to contact the hospital to get them to write you a letter to confirm the relative passed away and that they requested relatives to attend.

if you cannot provide any evidence you can plead your case with the independant adjudicator but the chances they will cancel the pcn on a motorists word with no proof is slim to none.

observant