Decaffeinated or Regular Coffee?

Decaffeinated or regular Coffee?

Read online about negatives and positives and like anything a 50/50 opinion.

So I thought I'd ask the good people of Sheffield their opinion, so answer away.

I would always go with decaf but lately been having super charged regular coffee.

Espresso or 'strong', depending what a machine's capacities are.

Or 2 heaped spoons (regular) per mug, if it's the freeze-dried stuff.

Try as you might, you won't take the Continental out of me :D

its a myth that espresso has more caffeine than other coffee based drinks, quality espresso has approx 1% caffeine whereas an americano, filter coffees or any coffee based drink that is brewed and instant coffee has far more, people just think that a strong espresso will give them more lift...untrue, real italian espresso and (short) ristoretto shots in italy are not even a full shot.

Decaffeinated or regular Coffee?

Read online about negatives and positives and like anything a 50/50 opinion.

So I thought I'd ask the good people of Sheffield their opinion, so answer away.

It's not 50/50, there's clear medical evidence that a moderate amount of caffeinated coffee is good for you.

---------- Post added 03-07-2014 at 13:07 ----------

its a myth that espresso has more caffeine than other coffee based drinks, quality espresso has approx 1% caffeine whereas an americano, filter coffees or any coffee based drink that is brewed and instant coffee has far more, people just think that a strong espresso will give them more lift...untrue, real italian espresso and (short) ristoretto shots in italy are not even a full shot.

An Americano is made by adding additional hot water to an espresso, so it's caffeine content will be identical (latte is the same, but with milk).

I would always go with decaf but lately been having super charged regular coffee.

too much of it from the bilge that spews forth from your keyboard

Who said anything about 'more caffeine' or a 'lift'? :confused:

So far as I'm concerned, it's all about the taste, and appreciating the many flavour differences in bean origin.

Same as with e.g. beef, which I always have blue (or raw, as a tartare).

I am a coffee-nut, I love coffee and won't touch instant unless I have to (at the office :( )

I do drink both decaf and regular, but decaf only from one of the Nespresso machines dotted around the house. Generally I drink black coffee from a DeLonghi espresso machine.

It's not 50/50, there's clear medical evidence that a moderate amount of caffeinated coffee is good for you.

---------- Post added 03-07-2014 at 13:07 ----------

An Americano is made by adding additional hot water to an espresso, so it's caffeine content will be identical (latte is the same, but with milk).

generally the shot for an americano is longer than a standard espresso and some baristas (rightly or wrongly) completely run the shot through, but yes the classic americano is as you say. also the name americano comes from the 2nd world war when the american were given espresso and thought it too strong and small so the italians filled it with hot water so i am told, mind you judging by the cofee in america what do they know!!:hihi:

---------- Post added 03-07-2014 at 14:15 ----------

Who said anything about 'more caffeine' or a 'lift'? :confused:

So far as I'm concerned, it's all about the taste, and appreciating the many flavour differences in bean origin.

Same as with e.g. beef, which I always have blue (or raw, as a tartare).

a little touchy there Loob:roll: wasnt having a pop at you:(

I have a cafetière in the office since this particular client only provides instant.