Sign in to follow this  

Nicest suburban areas

Which villages are the 'nicest' in the Sheffield area.

I currently live in walkley, which is still in the city, and at some point would like to move further out.

I'm thinking of area's like Aston or maybe as far as Barlborough. Where else should I consider.

isn't it still pretty much in the city?

I live nr Crystal Peak (Sothall) which is very nice.

Close to Rothervalley Country park (5 min walk) and a 5 min drive to the country!

You could opt for Treeton, now that IS a genuin Village.

Dore, Whirlow, Fulwood all nice places.... you could try Ecclesall but it's not as nice as the affor mentioned areas and closer to town.

Good luck and I hope you have a pretty large budget!

I've looked at the area around crystal peaks before, particularly up towards the top of eckington near the morrisons where the new estates have been built.

It's a bit far from the motorway for me though.

Treeton gets blurred together in my head with Catcliffe. Is there a new development at the top of treeton, opposite the old pit wheel (memorial kinda thing). Or is that still catcliffe?

Treeton is next door to Catliffe so I see where you are coming from. The new development are in fact in Treeton and it is a very nice place to live.

I'm surprised you thought the M1 was too far away at Sothall... it's only a 2 minute drive to the M1 from here and same to the Parway.

It all depends on where you'd like to live I suppose!

Ecclesall is nicer than Dore, IMO.

Best suburbs of Sheffield - Fulwood, Whirlow, Ecclesall.

Maybe, but Ecclesall, Fulwood and Whirlow are not villages. They are suburbs of the city. Cyclone is looking for places further out.

Originally posted by Babooshka

Maybe, but Ecclesall, Fulwood and Whirlow are not villages. They are suburbs of the city. Cyclone is looking for places further out.

I was under the impression this thread was entitled "Nicest SUBURBAN areas"?

In terms of villages, look at Ringinglow, Hathersage, Bakewell, and all around the Hope Valley.

Originally posted by t020

Ecclesall is nicer than Dore, IMO.

Best suburbs of Sheffield - Fulwood, Whirlow, Ecclesall.

That is very subjective- although I would definitely say that the nicest suburbs are Ranmoor, Whirlow, and Dore (the areas surrounding and inclusive of Dore Rd.)

Originally posted by starchild

That is very subjective- although I would definitely say that the nicest suburbs are Ranmoor, Whirlow, and Dore (the areas surrounding and inclusive of Dore Rd.)

Funny how you include Ranmoor since you live there... Same as me including Ecclesall really, we're bound to be biased. Basically I think most of the SW quarter of Sheffield contains nice suburban areas all with different plus points to cater to particular tastes. Ranmoor for example is good if stone built houses are your thing. Ecclesall is good if you like greenery and top state schools. Fulwood is good if you like quiet, green roads. Of course it is subjective - "nicest suburban areas" implicitly asks for subjective views since theres no 'nice-o-meter' to measure the degree of niceness in such areas.

Well for me it's Ranmoor all the way even though I don't live there, but I'm getting a hankering for a pad in town and a place in the sticks.