Guitar Pedal Power

Being thick around such things, i've got the below and finally may plug them all up and use them, however no plugs and sick of using batteries.

SO… I have seen various 'power banks' etc you can get for such things, but I'm confused by all the different options and wether they relate to my stuff, can anyone advise?

I have the below and have stated what instructions or back of device state:

EVH Flanger MXR

Dunlop ECB-004 18VDC adapter with 5.5mm x 2.1mm positive barrel & negative center.

EVH Phase 90 MXR

Dunlop ECB03E, a 9volt DC regulated AC adapter

Morley Classic WAH

9v 300 Milliamp Regulated Adapter

Korg Pitch Black Tuner

DC 9v

Max 200mA out

There are loads of multi-effect power supplies out there. I use one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Visual-Sound-Combo-Power-Adaptor/dp/B00GN8AEL8 and it's fine for me.

If you get more serious then you'll be looking at something like http://www.amazon.co.uk/VOODOO-LAB-Amplifiers-Effects-Accessories/dp/B0002IHGZC but there are similar cheaper options.

Thanks, was more worried about all the different specifications they seem to state, I fear plugging all and finding one does not like it and wrecks a pedal due to plugging in and something not being compatible.

Am I worrying about nothing? volts, amps, dc, ac, it all is gibberish to me.

there all 9v so just use hook them all up to a dasiy chain ,buy them at any eletronic or guitar shop for couple of $

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Lots of pedals use 9v DC with the center positive, but not all of them. The heavier digital pedals use 12 or 18v, and older stuff is more random about it's connectors and polarity. Also some random bits of tech use AC adaptors rather than the common AC/DC jobs.

All pedals vary in how 'protected' they are regarding wrong voltage and polarity. some are bombproof so long as you don't connect them directly to the mains, one, such as a first issue MXR distortion that sounded utterly sublime for all of 10 mins until I stuck the wrong juice into it, will fry at the drop of a hat.

Buy a £5 multimeter to check voltages and polarity, there's nearly always a diagram on the pedal showing if the center is -/+

All your gear sounds low powered and like it would run off a standard PSU, something like a 1.5 or 2amp regulated unit with a daisy chain lead, or pay more for one with multiple output sockets. The flangers' 18v is a bit unusual. Bardwells on Abbeydale road are great for all this stuff. Take your gear in and ask for power supplies to suit, they'll put you right.

Spacebadger is right.

Given the pedals you have an all in one power brick type product should sort you out. There's nothing too scary in there at all.

You will need one with an 18v socket on there for your MXR such as the; Voodoo Labs ISO5 or the T Rex Chameleon.

The T Rex also comes with a range of little link cables that can handle a lot of different sockets which should make it an all in one solution for you. I'd have to remind myself what you get in with the Voodoo labs.

Pop in any time for a bit of free advice so you can narrow it down - Mark, Joe, Tom, Chilo and Pod will all be happy to help.

If you wanted to just power the MXR separately on the existing PSU, the Visual Sound 1 Spot Combo pack has all the little links in it and is a lot cheaper than the power bricks....

Let me know if you need any further help.

I wil vouch for Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2. Fantastic unit, so many options for different voltages/ampeges (even a setting to simulate a partly used 9v battery), center positive + negative cables, individually isolated outputs, and is designed to mount on the underside of a Pedal Train Pedalboard but can be used on any.

It's never let me down, little pricey but you get what you pay for.

:thumbsup:

Edited by 9TrackMusic