Adverts that annoy..

They all deny that there is any coordination, but it niggles that most of the commercial channels have ad-breaks at the same time.

Meaning that channel hopping gets you nowhere.

..... other than finding the same advert on multiple channels at the same time.😭

Edited by cgksheff

Me and HTSBO have a new game -'What is this advert about'.

Latest advert that had us puzzled.

Tortoise, happy as a Tortoise on roller skates weaving through queueing traffic, country lanes and even leaping road works could be.

Silly us!  how could we have not guessed the add was for -  the West coast railway.

Keep safe 8) .

12 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Me and HTSBO have a new game -'What is this advert about'.

Latest advert that had us puzzled.

Tortoise, happy as a Tortoise on roller skates weaving through queueing traffic, country lanes and even leaping road works could be.

Silly us!  how could we have not guessed the add was for -  the West coast railway.

Keep safe 8) .

Hmmm... :huh:

I think that advert is quite good!

But maybe it could have been made a bit more PC...

... by suggesting the tortoise's partner was a terrapin? :hihi:

You certainly can't watch TV when your in-laws are round,  not with the ad for every single name you can thing of for a man's penis in large  writing on the screen !

The ad I do like is the Carpetright one -  I quite miss Johnny Two Pencils when he doesn't appear.

Edited by cressida

10 hours ago, cressida said:

You certainly can't watch TV when your in-laws are round,  not with the ad for every single name you can thing of for a man's penis in large  writing on the screen !

Equality Cressi.

Us blokes have to watch the likes of 'a little bit of wee ain't gonna stop me' absorbent lady pants and V** cream adverts for that dickie bird (not the umpire) (although I do find him extremely irritating 🥴) Ladies have trouble with.

There's a horse 'Brewers droop' named after one of the erectile disfunction products advertised on TV.

Form hasn't been good this season.

Fell at the last at York after a promising start.

Refused twice since,

& unseated its rider at Chepstow last time out 🤣 🤣 :blush: :blush: 🤣 🤣 .

Keep safe out there 8) .

The advert with the Google phone making a virtue of how its camera picks up all skin tones properly, implying all other phones are racist.

The Strike ad with silly people dancing in the street, stupid and annoying.  :roll:

7 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

The advert with the Google phone making a virtue of how its camera picks up all skin tones properly, implying all other phones are racist.

Actually there have been academic studies on that point with prove that they can be. Facial recognition technology defaults to identify one type of skin tone. Its a fair question to raise whether manufacturers and designers should be thinking about that.  If they are not or refusing to.....well.  

On 13/01/2022 at 19:37, Baron99 said:

Domino's Pizza where everyone is yodelling. 

But have you noticed it's the ads that annoy that we're all talking about.  Maybe that's the ad companies ploy? 

Yep. It is inbuilt in their design.  It's for that same reason why they produce ads which are ridiculously OTT artistic, comedic gags or dramatic without barely mentioning or showing the product they are meaning to advertise.

They simply don't need to, it gets people talking, it goes viral on the internet and their logo/brand suddenly reaches eyeballs that a fixed slot in a commercial break on some tv network could only dream of.

Let's face it, how ridiculous have things become that the annual John Lewis and Aldi xmas adverts attract international press coverage.  People sit and wait for the premiere of an advert.

All those who say adverts doesn't influence them, doesn't affect them, they don't watch etc...... yes they do, they just don't realise it.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Rylan Clarke is doing my nut in,  this is  one of many untalented people we are getting shoved down our throats these days, him, Bradley Walsh and Kieth crap Lemon are on just about every thing, arrrrrgh.😤

On 13/01/2022 at 19:37, Baron99 said:

Domino's Pizza where everyone is yodelling. 

But have you noticed it's the ads that annoy that we're all talking about.  Maybe that's the ad companies ploy? 

Or could it simply be, this is the 'Adverts-that-annoy' section of Sheffield Forum 🤣 🤣 🤣 (Sorry Baron - couldn't resist 🤣).

Keep safe 8) .

25 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Rylan Clarke is doing my nut in,  this is  one of many untalented people we are getting shoved down our throats these days, him, Bradley Walsh and Kieth crap Lemon are on just about every thing, arrrrrgh.😤

Is using the words 'Ryan Clarke' and 'shoved down your throats' in the same sentence  really suitable on this family friendly forum ? 🙃.

Leave Bradley alone PRESLEY.

He's on a mission to gather enough spondoolies to retire (and visit as many places around the word him and his successor Barney can blag as freebies on the way). Lets hope he's nearly reached his target :lol:  personally, I hate turning the tap on, in case he appears 👀!

Is using the words 'Kieth', 'Lemon' and 'crap' in the same sentence acceptable on Sheffield Forum Of course it is PRESLEY- carry on :thumbsup:. 

And, the only thing worse than Kieth Lemon was, Keith Lemon & the ever smiling Holly Willoughby laughing at his every word :loopy:.

Keep safe out there in TV land 8) .

The Dreamies ad -all it takes id a shake!