Adverts that annoy..

1 hour ago, cressida said:

They last too long

Certain channels like  CBS (ch66)  Ads or on for about 10 mins a time.  Like you say, too long.  The actual programme your trying  to watch is on for about 10 mins then 10 mins of ads. A real joke.

Many of the latest bank ads that are all touchy-feely.  Particularly hate the bank ad, (can't remember which bank), that has a number of celebrities with post-its stuck to their foreheads, trying to guess their particular disability / illness, e.g. Victoria's Pendleton with the word 'Bulimia' stuck to her head. 

When I go into a bank for business, I want people behind counters who can provide me with speedy banking services not their ability to provide some kind of counselling on the basis that they've had half an afternoon on some training course about disability / mental illness. 

32 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Many of the latest bank ads that are all touchy-feely.  Particularly hate the bank ad, (can't remember which bank), that has a number of celebrities with post-its stuck to their foreheads, trying to guess their particular disability / illness, e.g. Victoria's Pendleton with the word 'Bulimia' stuck to her head. 

When I go into a bank for business, I want people behind counters who can provide me with speedy banking services not their ability to provide some kind of counselling on the basis that they've had half an afternoon on some training course about disability / mental illness. 

Perhaps the banks are trying make us forget the banking crisis that plunged much of the world into further debt. :hihi:

P.I.P

'when it's gone it's gone'

Well get gone

I detest  the Nescafe Gold advert where a man stands on the stage asking the audience  " stand up if you've ever seen me cry" then " sit down if you've  lost touch with me" What a stupid stupid advert just for a cup of coffee.

Haribo ads where the adults talk in weird kids voices. Just weird and not funny or entertaining.

25 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

Haribo ads where the adults talk in weird kids voices. Just weird and not funny or entertaining.

It's both funny and entertaining. ;)

However the Andrex ads discussing the state of one's starfish is really weird. 

Edited by tinfoilhat

47 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

I love that advert.

The Webuyanycar advert with Schofield apparently playing with the football...the really bad CGI superimposing of his head is so jarring 

All of the various 'Peleton' adverts. 

All that over-shouty, over enthusiastic fake 'Americanism' motivational speech to pefect people, (models), supposedly working out in their perfect metropolitan homes.  

Edited by Baron99

On 20/02/2020 at 20:21, Pyrotequila said:

The Webuyanycar advert with Schofield apparently playing with the football...the really bad CGI superimposing of his head is so jarring 

I have to agree with you on this one.

The burg alarm one,so you've just been burgled don't worry we'll send someone around right away to put you an alarm in.