3 Israeli teenagers found murdered. Israel attacks Gaza

expalain please. If you can

The world is a very small place these days. What happens in Israel and Palestine effects the neighbouring countries and has a wider impact on politics around the globe.

Did Hamass not fire 130 rokcets into Isreal prior to the attack?

Im sure it says in that link that they did do

Just like Hamass always do, of course the dervish will never accept that

---------- Post added 09-07-2014 at 07:25 ----------

The world is a very small place these days. What happens in Israel and Palestine effects the neighbouring countries and has a wider impact on politics around the globe.

It's not just Israel though, but most of North Africa, Malaysia, Asia and just about every continent and country on the planet.

Who's idea was it to take a piece of palestine rouhly the size of Wales to form Israel .

The UN and would you believe... the USA.. well fancy that.

thank you for demonstrating your complete ignorance of the history and the issues.

it was Jewish nationalists, the forerunners of today's Israelis, that 'had the idea' of re-establishing in the modern era a Jewish National Home in the Middle East at the expense of the colonial occupier, Turkey. This is before WW1. Well over 100 years ago.

the mandate of Palestine was set up after WW1 by the League of Nations with the specific intention of bringing this to pass. That is the League of Nations. Not the UN. The United States was not even a member of the League of Nations. The USA had very little to do with the establishment of Israel. Although they did recognise Israel almost immeadiately after the Israelis declared their independence in 1948, so did dozens of other countries.

---------- Post added 09-07-2014 at 07:52 ----------

Perhaps in hindsight the palestinians should never have allowed jews to settle there in the 1500's when they were expelled from Spain.

there were no Palestinians then. There certainly was not any Palestinian sovereignty of any kind, so the Palestinians could not have 'allowed' anybody to do anything. How could they. They did not exist in 1500. Palestine is a Latin-European word that never had any currency or usage in the Levant until recently. There is not any P sound in the Arabic language. Arabs cannot even pronounce the word Palestine. At the time of the Spanish expulsion of the Jews in the last years of the 15th century, Jerusalem was still under the shaky control of the Egyptian Mamluk Sultanate just prior to the Turks taking it in 1517, and who held it for four centuries until after WW1 when the League of Nations took over.

some 'Spanish Jews' expelled in 1492 from Spain did make it to today's Israel in the subsequent decades and centuries, where they have lived ever since. I've met some of them in Israel myself. If you think that all Jewish Israelis come from families in Europe and who arrived in Israel 100 years ago or less, then you had better think again.

Edited by blake

What would you have Israel do? Netenyahu for all is faults wants the people who have done this to pay. Is that wrong?

I think Halibut would have them surrender and move to the moon so Israel could be a place where muslims could get on with the job of killing one another.

I think Halibut would have them surrender and move to the moon so Israel could be a place where muslims could get on with the job of killing one another.

As daft as that sounds it wouldnt be a bad idea. At least then they would be a fair bit closer to their god. Im so sick of all this killing and death. So sick of the pointless loss of life every single day.

Religion, what a pointless waste of time and energy.

Both sides need to realise that violence will never succeed and they must secure a peace by negotiation.

I think one side already realises that but I don't think the other side will ever accept Israels right to exist.

---------- Post added 09-07-2014 at 09:21 ----------

thank you for demonstrating your complete ignorance of the history and the issues.

it was Jewish nationalists, the forerunners of today's Israelis, that 'had the idea' of re-establishing in the modern era a Jewish National Home in the Middle East at the expense of the colonial occupier, Turkey. This is before WW1. Well over 100 years ago.

the mandate of Palestine was set up after WW1 by the League of Nations with the specific intention of bringing this to pass. That is the League of Nations. Not the UN. The United States was not even a member of the League of Nations. The USA had very little to do with the establishment of Israel. Although they did recognise Israel almost immeadiately after the Israelis declared their independence in 1948, so did dozens of other countries.

---------- Post added 09-07-2014 at 07:52 ----------

there were no Palestinians then. There certainly was not any Palestinian sovereignty of any kind, so the Palestinians could not have 'allowed' anybody to do anything. How could they. They did not exist in 1500. Palestine is a Latin-European word that never had any currency or usage in the Levant until recently. There is not any P sound in the Arabic language. Arabs cannot even pronounce the word Palestine. At the time of the Spanish expulsion of the Jews in the last years of the 15th century, Jerusalem was still under the shaky control of the Egyptian Mamluk Sultanate just prior to the Turks taking it in 1517, and who held it for four centuries until after WW1 when the League of Nations took over.

some 'Spanish Jews' expelled in 1492 from Spain did make it to today's Israel in the subsequent decades and centuries, where they have lived ever since. I've met some of them in Israel myself. If you think that all Jewish Israelis come from families in Europe and who arrived in Israel 100 years ago or less, then you had better think again.

Facts that are so often ignored.

Both sides need to realise that violence will never succeed and they must secure a peace by negotiation.

indeed........

Did Hamass not fire 130 rokcets into Isreal prior to the attack?

Im sure it says in that link that they did do

During ceasefire (no firework rockets) Israel still kills every week civilians mainly children.

When it wants to make a internal political statement it launches Air raids F16s in to gaza prison again killing as many civilians as it likes.

Israel gains lot more from this strategy politically and financially. This will ensure there will never be peace!

---------- Post added 09-07-2014 at 12:19 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28098523

An utterly disgraceful act.

I am not making a political statement, I am aware Palestinian children have also become victims of utterly disgraceful acts at the hands of Israelis in the past.

All those that involve children in wars, killing, harming, or putting their lives at risk, have no authority to do this and should be condemned around the world.

Indeed. Cameron\Obama made a statement to the Israelis but choose not to do the same for the 1000s childrens murdered just in Gaza.

Before they were elected they swore their allegiance to the zionist. This means Israelis can do what they like.....as long as i can get media support.

---------- Post added 09-07-2014 at 12:34 ----------

would you like to a bit more specific. It does not effect the the majority of Israeli...they do very well out if it. What you see on your TV is not news :)

Edited by Mozilla

I guess wikipedia and its contributors have it wrong then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

It was from there that I got the United nations General Assembly not the League of Nations which was was formed in 1920 and lasted 27 years.

That's an observation and not a reflection on your post which I found informative thank you.

It was after the formation of the UN that Israel declared independence ,in 48, that I've known since I was at school.

The Palestinian people also referred to as Palestinians are the modern descendants of the peoples who have lived in Palestine over the centuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine_Liberation_Organization

But you are saying that the palestinians were not palestinians and did not live in palestine because it didn't exist when a chunk of the middle east was taken from the arabs to form Israel.

Would you please cite your information source?

I really do wish to read more on this the I find all the conflicts of information intriguing and would like to resolve them for myself.

Edited by Tommo68

There's been over 50 Palestinians killed in the last 24 hours by Israeli missile strikes.

Some names and ages :

English-language outlet Alakhbar reported several hours ago on the then-current list of casualties, including names and ages, released by the ministry and medics.

On that list, at least nine were children 16 and younger, including 18-month-old Mohammed Malakiyeh, four-year-old Mohammed Khalaf al-Nawasra and 13-year-old Amir Areef. Several of the dead are of unknown age, and the oldest listed was 80-year-old Naifeh Farjallah.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/09/israel-intercepts-gaza-rockets-heading-for-tel-aviv-live-updates

54 killed and 474 injured, including 13 children