Why we are fortunate to live in Sheffield..

The truth is, everyone who lives here knows how good it is. We tend to grumble about it on the www to deflect attention. Once everybody knows how good it is, they ALL want to come and stay here. NOW look what you've done :D

Haha, ooops my bad!

I forgot to mention the hospitals. I was in the Hallamshire for a week a few years back and the care was exceptional.

Also have to agree with the University comment. Sheffield University did me proud.

I also love Peace Gardens.

Sheffield is the friendliest place to live in the uk and I'm glad to call it home.

Maybe we can all make a programme now that shows the fantastic side of living in the steel city. I am originally from London, been up here since 97 and HATE going back to the smoke, so avoid it at all costs. I have had the benefit of travelling around a lot of cities in the country but I am always drawn home, and home is Sheffield !!!!

The City must be doing something right due to the amount of Students who opt to stay here upon finishing degrees.

People People People - I've been fortunate to live just outside Sheffield most of my life and made the permanent move here in 2006 - Never looked back!

I love the place - you can get some decent real ale, or a few doors down dance the night away until the sun rises.

Green spaces mentioned a lot and I love sunny afternoons with a BBQ and a kick about in the park.

The History - Its flippin everywhere and I cannot get enough it!

The sense of community - The half marathon really summed this up - I was on eccy road checking twitter and when we heard about the water and the runners running anyway - everyone ran into sainsburys and local restaurants and got any water they could - was stood next to a family handing out sweets to the runners!

The Market - Its been taking a knocking lately but i really like it - I hope it can flourish to its full potential.

The peaks - a ten minute drive away and every acre is stunning.

Meadowhall - Not a huge fan but quite handy on Xmas eve when I've been as unorganised as normal.

The culture - Pulp and the Arctic Monkeys mainly but also Pete Mckees work and other great local artists

The food - haha yep some great little eateries about time - a lot of my friends had reserved judgement about the place but every one whos been every time reminds me how lucky I am to live in such a great City.

I :love: you Sheffield

People People People - I've been fortunate to live just outside Sheffield most of my life and made the permanent move here in 2006 - Never looked back!

I love the place - you can get some decent real ale, or a few doors down dance the night away until the sun rises.

Green spaces mentioned a lot and I love sunny afternoons with a BBQ and a kick about in the park.

The History - Its flippin everywhere and I cannot get enough it!

The sense of community - The half marathon really summed this up - I was on eccy road checking twitter and when we heard about the water and the runners running anyway - everyone ran into sainsburys and local restaurants and got any water they could - was stood next to a family handing out sweets to the runners!

The Market - Its been taking a knocking lately but i really like it - I hope it can flourish to its full potential.

The peaks - a ten minute drive away and every acre is stunning.

Meadowhall - Not a huge fan but quite handy on Xmas eve when I've been as unorganised as normal.

The culture - Pulp and the Arctic Monkeys mainly but also Pete Mckees work and other great local artists

The food - haha yep some great little eateries about time - a lot of my friends had reserved judgement about the place but every one whos been every time reminds me how lucky I am to live in such a great City.

I :love: you Sheffield

Huzzah!

Cannot agree enough! How did I miss out the music scene and eateries? I love the variety of restaurants throughout the city, especially London Road.

Sheffield offers the best quality of life than anywhere else I have lived. Country walks daily, Burbage a short drive. Twenty minute bus ride to the theatre, great choice of restaurants, excellent health care, the buzz the Universities bring - Sheffield is a fantastic place to live.