Underpaid wages

does anyone no were i stand with being ripped of bt a cleaning company i started working for 4 wks ago i have done prob 100 hrs in the month sharing my car and another cleaners car we have paid our own petrol traveled as far as barnsley /doncaster from sheff cleaning houses most of them 4/5 bed 3 bathroom houses my wages were £132 for the month i cant believe they can get away with it i thought there was a min wage law i have tried acas who were useless any ideas

I wonder if this is the same cleaning company used by wetherspoons because my fella did some work for them for 2 months then they said they weren't enough hours and laid him off before failing to pay him his second months wages. And now no one will answer the phone.

i have tried acas who were useless any ideas

You need to expand on this; what exactly did ACAS say, it will help you to get a more informed response from the forum?

Go see a solicitor they will give you an hour without charge in most places this would be plenty of time to get the advice you need.

have you queried this with your company?

are you sure you have been paid for the full 4 weeks?

Edited by andyofborg

What does your wage slip say? Should show how many hours your have been paid for (if hourly paid), your rate of pay and your gross wages and then any deductions. Employment Rights Act.

It may be that you may be being paid a couple of weeks in arrears.

Some companies still do try and rip people off, pay below minimum wage etc.

It is of course illegal, and you shouldn't stand for it.

Get everything in writing from now on, don't mess around calling them if they're fobbing you off.

What does your contract say about pay and expenses?

Have you submitted time sheets to obtain your wages?

OP hasnt bothered to respond, so will assume its been sorted.