The Naked People

Saturday 5 July. Walking Out in Sheffield. Meet at 10am in Meadowhall Tram Interchange for this 6 mile walk on a little known sculpture trail near Kimberworth before exploring the ancient woods and flower meadows of Grange Park.

Leader: Rob Haslam Tel: 0114 287 9466.

The walk is FREE (except for public transport costs) and is part of Walking Out in Sheffield, run by Sheffield Ramblers. email roberthaslam0@googlemail.com for more details.

Full programme of walks available at: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/walking/organised-walks.html

Hi there

Our walking group was doing this part of The Sheffield Way and came across these metal human sculptures in different positions that you mention, near Kimberworth - very nice , all the better for being a surprise - I can't find any reference to them.. does anyone know any more, please?

The ten sculptures are on a walk called the Kimberworth and Blackburn Roundwalk and are by Argentinian sculptress, Marcella Livingston, who worked out of Bradford. The plaques, only one of which has not been stolen for scrap, contained poetry by Sheffield's Matt Black, who is now pretty famous. No leaflet for the walk exists as far as I know and I have no idea when they were installed, but it is great fun finding these nudes scattered throughout the woods and making up silly names for them.

Many thanks for your prompt reply, Rob - very helpful. Interesting.

It's wonderful that we can enjoy art in the landscape in this way - shame about the thefts, but probably no surprise. At least the figures themselves haven't been lifted.