How does Hillsborough Leisure centre survive?

wow cool down there AMR67. You need to stay off the roids if they make you so angry.

I know i can join any gym i like. I simply posing the question, why is a council gym twice the price of a commercial one. Granted if you swim then i can see it has financial advantages. However if (as I'm sure a lot do) you just attend for cardio and weights then its really over priced.

Some say you have to wait for equipment at the budget gyms but from my experience last time i was a member at Hillsborough, the same applied. HLC also had its share of broken equipment.

From the bottom of Halifax Rd to Penistone Rd we will soon have 4 gyms. HLC will be the most expensive and all the others offer 30 day rolling contracts. In these tough times money is tight so being able to stop and start without long tie ins is really useful.

I just wonder if HLC needs to have a good look at the competition. I think it might start to see a steady decline unless is become competitive.

wow cool down there AMR67. You need to stay off the roids if they make you so angry.

I know i can join any gym i like. I simply posing the question, why is a council gym twice the price of a commercial one. Granted if you swim then i can see it has financial advantages. However if (as I'm sure a lot do) you just attend for cardio and weights then its really over priced.

Some say you have to wait for equipment at the budget gyms but from my experience last time i was a member at Hillsborough, the same applied. HLC also had its share of broken equipment.

From the bottom of Halifax Rd to Penistone Rd we will soon have 4 gyms. HLC will be the most expensive and all the others offer 30 day rolling contracts. In these tough times money is tight so being able to stop and start without long tie ins is really useful.

I just wonder if HLC needs to have a good look at the competition. I think it might start to see a steady decline unless is become competitive.

So basically you ignored what everyone else said. If you just want a basic gym then join one and syop pretending they are the same.

If it's over priced then commercial reality will bring it into check.

Its hardly overpriced, for your money you get access to all the classes plus an olympic sized swimming pool

am I right in thinking the 10 pounds a month is simply an opening offer at many of the budget gyms? It then goes up to about 18 pounds A month.

To be fair its nit much more expensive

im with Ponds forge they have everything you need its spacious , and im on a 3 month contract for 29.00 and if i decide to leave just give month s notice , and you can use ~Hillsbrough , Graves, Heeley , quite a few,

Foxy78

And as has been said, you get access to other gyms with the SIV FU cost. I use regularly, Concord, Hillsborough and EIS and occasionally Ponds Forge. Do 3 classes a week when I can. Its brilliant value.