Google apps for business.

Anybody used it? Loved it? Hated it? Is it easy to use?

I'm primarily looking for a cross-platform calendar (iPhone and a couple of pcs) that a couple of different users can access at the same time at different places. The regular google one hasn't got enough space for the entries we need.

If it is rubbish, is there anything else out there that does what I need that I should be looking at?

I use Google Apps intensively since it was introduced many years ago.

It's great for me because I use Google for everything else as well.

However I'm not sure the calendar has more space than the normal GMail calendar.

Check google premiuim accounts. Calendar might have more space for entries???... as for $1.99 per month you get 100GB mailbox, for $9.99 per month you get unlimited mailbox.

what sort of entries anyway?

Edited by andy_LT

I love Google apps.

Google Apps provides message handling logs that you can search. Your data is replicated across many servers and multiple data centers.

With international office, users connect to Google's cloud at local POPs and traverse Google's private network to the data centers ... you won't see transcontinental or trans-Atlantic latency as you will with other services.

Google's environment is redundant. we recommend backup/restore services to protect against user action/error

Check google premiuim accounts. Calendar might have more space for entries???... as for $1.99 per month you get 100GB mailbox, for $9.99 per month you get unlimited mailbox.

what sort of entries anyway?

I hire stuff out so I need multiple weekly entries (not all Monday to Friday, it varies) and some single all day jobs. On any given week it could have 10 or 12 entries. If I'm on site I could do with knowing what's available and if anything has changed.

Thanks for the replys folks!

I used to use Google Apps (Gmail, Drive etc) but since moved to Office 365. It's excellent value and not only do you get online Office but also a copy of Office 2013 to install on 5 machines included in the subscription.

Then there's the 1TB of OneDrive space...

In my opinion this beats Google Apps hands down.