Benefit Street Being filmed in Sheffield

It was quite obvious why he's not been able to keep down a job, he's an abrasive no-it-all plonker.

The part where he was stood in front of the town hall ranting into the camera and putting the world to rights had me in stitches.

If he didn't have such a massive chip on his shoulder he'd be able to find work easily.

Really? When that younger man went for the job as a part time attendant at a petrol station I think I recall the narrator said that hundreds were chasing that job.

Besides which he's in his mid 50s. I know that age discrimination is against the law, but everyone knows it happens

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 14:15 ----------

This would be the girl that let her staffy roam the street not on a leash, hurled abuse at someone who commented when she found it funny that a dog woudl go up to children and knock them over in a park. Sets a good example to her friends children in the use of the English language (and her friend was the same).

Admitted to participating in knife crime, burgalries, assualts but is trying to turn over a new leaf by helping her friend commit benefit fraud by allowing her boyfriend to "stay in the same room" (really, wonder how long that would last after a few stella's) in her place so the mother can still claim single parent benefits.

Real good example, i admire her for saying she wants to work (in opposition to her friend) but her actions give a different impression

The impression I got was that she didn't have the best start in life but was trying to change things. Not the easiest thing to do for anyone.

No she and everyone of the participants on their weren't perfect, and no doubt the programme makers wouldn't have wanted them to be; but I'd hate a camera to be pointing in my direction knowing that the audience would be picking up on every bit of self defeating behaviour.

Lots of people do this and not just from Sheffield either.

Really? When that younger man went for the job as a part time attendant at a petrol station I think I recall the narrator said that hundreds were chasing that job.

Besides which he's in his mid 50s. I know that age discrimination is against the law, but everyone knows it happens

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 14:15 ----------

The impression I got was that she didn't have the best start in life but was trying to change things. Not the easiest thing to do for anyone.

No she and everyone of the participants on their weren't perfect, and no doubt the programme makers wouldn't have wanted them to be; but I'd hate a camera to be pointing in my direction knowing that the audience would be picking up on every bit of self defeating behaviour.

I would agree with the first part about not having the best start in life but assisting in benefit fraud is not a good step forward

It wasnt self defeating behaviour, it was an admission by her, not a comment picked up in conversation.

Remember, no one forced them to go on camera, they volunteered to do knowing full well the implications (if they didnt after all the furore over benefit street or any other "reality" documentary then they really have no hope) of exposing your actions to the nation.

Did the fat one say the guy who came out of prison was the father to her two cash cows?

Did feel sorry for the older guy,thats the trouble with Sheffield most of the semi skilled jobs have moved abroad so at that age new trades are not easy to learn.

Best mate next door....I was led to believe that 1 lived in Tinsley and the other in Manor Park / Hyde Park area.

I bet good ol' Nathan was having the time of his life between the 2.

Did the fat one say the guy who came out of prison was the father to her two cash cows?

I don't think so, they didn't appear to be his and I don't remember him actually showing any interest in them??

True, buy you've gotta stick at it and keep on the hunt.

That younger guy was an utter pudding brain as well :hihi::hihi::hihi:

helping her friend commit benefit fraud by allowing her boyfriend to "stay in the spare room" (really, wonder how long that would last after a few stella's)

I thought that as well, especially as her friend was pretty dog ruff!!!

Edited by geared

We're just going to end up with a bunch of absolute thicko's who's only education is how to scam the benefit system.

Sacrificing your kids education so you can scrounge some benefit cash is the lowest of the low.

People caught doing that should be sent to prison.

We're just going to end up with a bunch of absolute thicko's.

Have you seen the film "Idiocracy" ?

Best mate next door....I was led to believe that 1 lived in Tinsley and the other in Manor Park / Hyde Park area.

I bet good ol' Nathan was having the time of his life between the 2.

Wasn't this programmed on, quite recently? "We're havin' a gang bang, we're havin' a baaaaall" :hihi:

We're just going to end up with a bunch of absolute thicko's who's only education is how to scam the benefit system.

Sacrificing your kids education so you can scrounge some benefit cash is the lowest of the low.

People caught doing that should be sent to prison.

I forgot to mention that these benefits are apparently not means tested so therefore are paid on top of other benefits claimed.

I promise that I have not made this up for sensationalism, I am reporting it as I heard it.

I'd give that red head my benefit anytime

Nathan'll be doing that.