Nasty bike accident A57 Mosborough parkway

I will never ride again honest truth

Edited by crashsurvivo
too blunt

That awful someone would do that there really are some scumbags around.

I used to get stupid selfish car drivers doing that to me quite often when I rode a bike. Very foolish and very dangerous. I suppose it was a symptom of having a small ........ that they couldn't bear to be overtaken.

More motorists seriously need to think BIKE!!!!!

Sounds like one did. :mad:

I used to get stupid selfish car drivers doing that to me quite often when I rode a bike. Very foolish and very dangerous. I suppose it was a symptom of having a small ........ that they couldn't bear to be overtaken.

Yes quite correct. As I stated earlier this is the exact reason why I wear a helmet camera, I have had this done to me on numerous occasions. What car drivers don't get is that a bike WILL overtake you, whether it be going slowly or on fast roads. This is why people ride bikes so we don't have to sit in traffic like car drivers (of which I am one too by the way). There has been many a time where I have been sitting in a traffic jam in my car and wishing I was on my bike and I'd be off. What is not on is car drivers making it difficult or dangerous for bikes to go round so I now film them as do more and more bikers. Hasn't happened yet because I have only just got my camera but I will get car drivers on film endangering bikers lives and be giving it to the police.

Just to let you all know im out of hospital now thanks for your concern and comments there is still no sign of my beloved yamaha 125 umfortunately but atleast im at home thanks everyone again

One lane is one lane the clue is there. Anyone on a bike who overtakes or undertakes in the same lane is solely responsible (not saying this is the case in this thread) for the risk they take. Within my lane I cannot 100% guarantee I will go in an absolute straight line that is why the lanes are larger than the width of my car. If I move 6 inches to the right but stay in my lane this could easily knock a biker off.

Fair point...but all cars are equipped with mirrors for a reason,i am always checking in mine when driving...and i don't mean every five minutes...if you moved six inches and knocked someone off that would be your fault entirely.. (careless/dangerous driving)....,if i saw a vehicle in front of me weaving about i would think they were either drunk,on a mobile or just being a clever ****...

Yes, as a motorcyclist i see drivers pulling out to the centre of the road quite often to stop me passing when it is quite safe to do so,i don't rush to overtake just do it at my own leisure,as i know i can do it anytime i like (within reason),Then there are the car drivers who suddenly turn into a Formula 1 racing driver and think their car is a McLaren the minute they see you in the rearview mirror or..they come up behind and have to pass ...at any cost...the worst ones are those that pull out of side roads totally oblivious of the bike coming towards them with lights on (for visibility) I KID YOU NOT......But..to be fair there are lots and lots of car/van/lorry drivers who move over to one side to let you pass and these far outweigh the ones who try to make life awkward....I always acknowledge with a friendly wave...and many thanks to all those who do

Glad to hear you are OK young feller and get well quickly,sad to hear your motorcycling days are over tho' because of one idiot...BUT solid white lines are there for a very good reason...to warn of a roundabout/corner etc,the same as the broken white lines tend to get longer when approaching a bad bend,i never pass on a solid white line even if it looks safe to do so,if you are caught by the police it is classed as dangerous driving...and rightly so..

or the biker that was traveling over the solid white lines?

Indeed if the biker was over the solid white he was making an illegal overtake. This is a motoring offence, of that there is no doubt. What I was asking however is if the car driver was facing any charges such as dangerous driving or driving with out due care and attention as he/she would appear to have caused this crash by making an aggressive move to physically stop the biker from overtaking?

Those aren't solid white lines, they're broken lines with hatching inside which means you can enter if it's safe to do so.

Unfortunately a lot of people driving down that road don't know the Highway Code, and not only drive at 50mph dead because they don't know what a national speed limit sign means they also flash and beep anyone who dares to 'wrongly' enter the hatchings.

Clearly the car driver in this incident was one such ignorant so and so, and decided to take it upon himself to dangerously police the roads by blocking people from overtaking him by swerving in front. He/she wants finding and banning for a long time.

Im sorry to put it as blunt as this but I feel im the only one that has lost out the driver drove straight off the lads I was riding with are claiming off my insurance I no longer have a motorbike but still have to pay the finance and the pain im in is unreal now im back at home I do seriously wish they would hang the driver who thought he was a big man :( this is the last comment I am putting on this site as it is far too upsetting to be living the day of the accident over and over again as iv said before many thanks for your concern im over and out

The rider who sumersaulted through the air

Sincerely adam markham

Those aren't solid white lines, they're broken lines with hatching inside which means you can enter if it's safe to do so.

Unfortunately a lot of people driving down that road don't know the Highway Code, and not only drive at 50mph dead because they don't know what a national speed limit sign means they also flash and beep anyone who dares to 'wrongly' enter the hatchings.

Clearly the car driver in this incident was one such ignorant so and so, and decided to take it upon himself to dangerously police the roads by blocking people from overtaking him by swerving in front. He/she wants finding and banning for a long time.

The Mosborough parkway does have solid white lines and is a a 50mph limit. The road you are describing is the one past Coisley hill roundabout leading towards Crystal Peaks x

Im sorry to put it as blunt as this but I feel im the only one that has lost out the driver drove straight off the lads I was riding with are claiming off my insurance I no longer have a motorbike but still have to pay the finance and the pain im in is unreal now im back at home I do seriously wish they would hang the driver who thought he was a big man :( this is the last comment I am putting on this site as it is far too upsetting to be living the day of the accident over and over again as iv said before many thanks for your concern im over and out

The rider who sumersaulted through the air

Sincerely adam markham

Hope you have a speedy physical (and mental) recovery. You're here to tell the tale, and learn from it which is the main thing regardless of what you or anyone else did or didn't do. That my friend is a good thing.