Nasty bike accident A57 Mosborough parkway

I do alot of miles and none of them ever as ever bothered me,maybe because i view it as none of my business what other people do nor do i have an anti bike attitude.I do however go out of my way to help prevent them being stuck in traffic,there is actually enough room on most roads to allow a bike to pass you without it even crossing the white lines.

Try it you might find you get a wave instead of a finger.

Your not one of them numpties we mentioned are you? :)

One lane is one lane the clue is there. Anyone on a bike who overtakes or undertakes in the same lane is solely responsible (not saying this is the case in this thread) for the risk they take. Within my lane I cannot 100% guarantee I will go in an absolute straight line that is why the lanes are larger than the width of my car. If I move 6 inches to the right but stay in my lane this could easily knock a biker off. Bikes do it on motorways, my responsibility is to stay in my lane, I see the car on the left and on the right. If an idiot biker uses my lane unfortunately the risk is all theirs. Of course at slow speeds they can do what they want to get to the front but again drivers cannot be held responsible for anything if they remain in their lane, assuming no deliberate act is made

If you cant keep your car in a straight line you shouldnt be driving I have held my driving licence 3 years I drive a 2 tonn jeep n I can keep that goin straight and in this scenario that wasnt the case matewewas traveling over solid lines with room until the vehicle came onto the solids tostop the first biker getting past causing him to brake hard causing the lad infront of me tobrake even harder n causing me + a 4 second gap not to be able to stop and collided withthe middle biker and a car in the proper lane

I'm glad you are recovering well from your accident crashsurvivo. It sounds like a terrible ordeal for all involved. We all make silly decisions and mistakes as we mature, it's part of the process. The trouble is as we age most of us forget our inexperienced years and presume we were born wise.

Hope you are back to full strength really soon :-)

some of those posting on here seem to forget they was young once but have learned by our mistakes and matured. i was a biker many years ago [ before you had to wear crash helmets ] but through being a biker its learnt me to respect the danger that my driving can cause a rider if im not alert to situations. since then ive drove artics around the country and always gave bikers room to get past safe. im ok im surrounded by metal to protect me whats a biker got , his leathers and a helmet. remember the biker is someones son, daughter or husband. move over safley for them and let them pass a friendly wave in return might brighten up your day and make you feel better. hope you make a speedy recovery mate and hope youre home soon

I would be interested to know if the police have taken any action against the car driver?

If you cant keep your car in a straight line you shouldnt be driving I have held my driving licence 3 years I drive a 2 tonn jeep n I can keep that goin straight and in this scenario that wasnt the case matewewas traveling over solid lines with room until the vehicle came onto the solids tostop the first biker getting past causing him to brake hard causing the lad infront of me tobrake even harder n causing me + a 4 second gap not to be able to stop and collided withthe middle biker and a car in the proper lane

Which I said was not the case for the thread. Well done you can drive in a straight line. Do you do that round bends as well. Do you keep equidistant from the kerb at all times, no you don't. My point was quite clear people are not robots and move within their lane. When changing gear, turning wipers on etc etc 6 inch left or right can be devastating if someone gets in your lane. People move within there lanes and that was my only point. I am sorry for your accident but if you were a safe distance it wouldn't have happened. Safe distance means able to stop in time safely even if the vehicle in front stops suddenly. You were not a safe distance behind based on speed and yes accidents can happen and easy to misjudge.

I would be interested to know if the police have taken any action against the car driver?

or the biker that was traveling over the solid white lines?

last monday 4.15 pm in the que waiting to get in the right hand lane at coisley r bout to go up to linley lane iwas 4 cars back waiting to slip into the rhlane, when a white flat back builders van with 3 in pulled out behind 5 cars and came down the up hill lane wrong side of the road just as 2 cars came from peaks neck n neck up the parkway and they met head on he put his foot down so hard to get out of the way a thick cloud of black came from his exhaust,they went straight on to peaks the man in the left hand lane said he had got his number and was going to follow him. how nobody was killed is a miracle

It doesnt matter how hard you make it for the motorcyclist if numpties are allowed to drive cars.

Wasn't it mororcyclists passing cars at speed on a blind bend?

Today is the day I try getting out of this hospital bed

Hope you have a speedy recovery and today went aswell as to be expected .

Thanks I am getting used to the crutches and the bike still hasnt appeared anywhere if anyone has details as to what vehicle picked the bike up I would be so grateful as they stole the bike when I was on my way to hospital