Nasty bike accident A57 Mosborough parkway

Driving home I was overtaken by a motorbike team/gang (all wearing the same black hoodie with white circular logo) at some speed, three of the four then continued to overtake a further three cars on the blind bend section of the Mosborough parkway (southbound).

On the straight, now five cars ahead and near the end of the parkway, one of the bikes somersaulted high up into the air with debris flying in all directions!

I didn't see whose fault it was but I hope the rider's okay, the crash looked really bad.

I live on Birley Spa Lane and it's been solid with traffic for the last 40 minutes or so, I'm assuming they've closed the road and people are using ours as a diversion.

I drove past about 40 mins ago and they'd shut the road off up top near roundabout.

It was my mates Sons friend who was driving the bike. Not heard any more news yet but I sincerely hope he is ok.

It is always a worry when young lads get these motobikes and I think the CBT ttest should be toughened up to make it harder to pass!

It was my mates Sons friend who was driving the bike. Not heard any more news yet but I sincerely hope he is ok.

It is always a worry when young lads get these motobikes and I think the CBT ttest should be toughened up to make it harder to pass!

It doesnt matter how hard you make it for the motorcyclist if numpties are allowed to drive cars.

It doesnt matter how hard you make it for the motorcyclist if numpties are allowed to drive cars.

This much is too true :(

What about the numpties that ride Motorbikes like they are competing in the Isle of Man TT circuit some motorbikers don't help themselves when they fly around at ridiculous speeds and overtake on dangerous bends.

What about the numpties that ride Motorbikes like they are competing in the Isle of Man TT circuit some motorbikers don't help themselves when they fly around at ridiculous speeds and overtake on dangerous bends.

I do alot of miles and none of them ever as ever bothered me,maybe because i view it as none of my business what other people do nor do i have an anti bike attitude.I do however go out of my way to help prevent them being stuck in traffic,there is actually enough room on most roads to allow a bike to pass you without it even crossing the white lines.

Try it you might find you get a wave instead of a finger.

Your not one of them numpties we mentioned are you? :)

Let's not have an argument about the rights and wrongs of a situation that we cannot possibly know who is in the right and who is in the wrong please.

I hope that the young man involved is not too seriously injured and makes a full recovery.

Let's not have an argument about the rights and wrongs of a situation that we cannot possibly know who is in the right and who is in the wrong please.I hope that the young man involved is not too seriously injured and makes a full recovery.

Wheres that then?

I do alot of miles and none of them ever as ever bothered me,maybe because i view it as none of my business what other people do nor do i have an anti bike attitude.I do however go out of my way to help prevent them being stuck in traffic,there is actually enough room on most roads to allow a bike to pass you without it even crossing the white lines.

Try it you might find you get a wave instead of a finger.

Your not one of them numpties we mentioned are you? :)

Hey i am not spoiling for an arguement or anti bikers to be honest i like Motorbikes i always let them come past me and always check in my mirrors it's a sensible thing to do and by in large the vast majority are good riders who show common sense and ride safely but sadly their is a minority who think they can ride like Valentino Rossi on public roads and i have come across a few of them in my time on the road.

I hope the person that has come off his bike is ok and makes a speedy recovery sounds like an awful accident.

---------- Post added 25-06-2014 at 20:44 ----------

Wheres that then?

I was just thinking the same :confused:

Im still in hospital I have broken two bones in my right leg I am sorry to everyone that whitnessed my accident the bike infront of me locked on his brakes and I couldnt avoid him I am making a full recovery and I can honestly say my motorbike days are done I know im not valentino rossi but an accident can happen to anyone my appologies again for any harm or memory of the accident