Right To Buy to end

It should have never been introduced anywhere

cant fault it................ many people have made a killing out of ex council houses ........ buying them cheap as chips due to time spent in council housing , them selling them on for a big fat profit. Nowt wrong with that.

cant fault it................ many people have made a killing out of ex council houses ........ buying them cheap as chips due to time spent in council housing , them selling them on for a big fat profit. Nowt wrong with that.

There rests my case my lord

Its not the official Labour Party site; does that make it not the 1959 manifesto?

Who knows, this is the Internet, there is a lot of misinformation about trying to change history, especially for political gain

Why would anyone change a 55 years out of date document?

Why would anyone change a 55 years out of date document?

I've just told you why, it's the same reason why someone would scrub their 2010 pre-election promises from their website. It's because people will try and refer back to it ... who said anything about changing the document anyway?

Necro-thread

I for one is sick to the back teeth of this buying council properties. I now know of people who have benefitted financially from buying. Most moved out within weeks to rent the property (obviously the rent charged covered the mortgage - so the silly sod renting is actually buying their house for them!!!) another was already a council tenant when his mother passed away leaving him her home lo and behold he went to the council asked to be moved to a much bigger council house which was granted and is now considering letting out his mothers house to buy the one he now lives in.....of course at a much discounted price.

What the hell......!!!

I was brought up where you worked for what you wanted, that's clearly not the culture today.

Shocking insight of British greed in its lowest form.

Edited by mrcharlie

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to buy your council house and then immediately move out and put it up for rent.

Also if you've just bought a council home you won't be eligible to then move into another.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to buy your council house and then immediately move out and put it up for rent.

Also if you've just bought a council home you won't be eligible to then move into another.

Unless of course she decides to buy a house with her boyfriend!! Instantly becoming both homeowners and landlord!! All the while she's still claiming all benefits!!

Yes!!....my thoughts exactly

Edited by mrcharlie

Necro-thread

I for one is sick to the back teeth of this buying council properties. I now know of people who have benefitted financially from buying. Most moved out within weeks to rent the property (obviously the rent charged covered the mortgage - so the silly sod renting is actually buying their house for them!!!) another was already a council tenant when his mother passed away leaving him her home lo and behold he went to the council asked to be moved to a much bigger council house which was granted and is now considering letting out his mothers house to buy the one he now lives in.....of course at a much discounted price.

What the hell......!!!

I was brought up where you worked for what you wanted, that's clearly not the culture today.

Shocking insight of British greed in its lowest form.

This is the case will ALL rental properties . BTL landlords buy houses as an investment for the future , let their tenants pay the mortgage ,then down the line the landlord has a fully paid for house that other people have paid for . its brilliant.

I thought I heard on the radio that the Tories, if elected, are going to extend the "right to buy " to Housing Association tenants.

A blooming scandal.

I thought I heard on the radio that the Tories, if elected, are going to extend the "right to buy " to Housing Association tenants.

A blooming scandal.

Extending it to private tenants would be a vote winner!