Right To Buy to end

Probably because the private landlord rents out housing to provide the owner with a profit and means of income.

The council's housing stock was/is massively larger and so has correspondingly larger running costs and responsibilities.

That's not a reason to sell it off and besides, running costs as a proportion of income tends to decrease with increasing scale of operations.

jb

That's not a reason to sell it off and besides, running costs as a proportion of income tends to decrease with increasing scale of operations.

jb

Running costs would increase as the age of the property increases I would imagine.

Much of the council housing in Sheffield was built in the 1920s.

Running costs would increase as the age of the property increases I would imagine.

Much of the council housing in Sheffield was built in the 1920s.

That's not very old. House tend to last a few hundred years.

jb

jb

Not without a lot of maintenance...

jb

Following your argument why hasn't the council built more houses to increase their stock.

---------- Post added 27-06-2014 at 13:47 ----------

jb

With modernisation, maintenance and repairs.

Following your argument why hasn't the council built more houses to increase their stock.

The local authorities etc who were obliged to sell off the houses to RTB tenants were forbidden by central government from being able to re-invest the monies in building replacement homes. This meant that replacement properties weren't built.

Not without a lot of maintenance...

Even new builds need maintenance. If this is conducted regularly then it mitigates against large bills in the future.

jb

Don't they have to buy at market price for a CPO and aren't there other costs involved?

"Homeowners should be offered an amount that covers the market value of the property, professional fees, moving costs and a payment for the disturbance."

From here

http://www.lovemoney.com/news/property-and-mortgages/buying-and-selling-property/18252/compulsory-purchase-property-your-rights

What, you mean you don't like the taste of your own medicine?

What, you mean you don't like the taste of your own medicine?

What do you mean? I don't understand your post......

The local authorities etc who were obliged to sell off the houses to RTB tenants were forbidden by central government from being able to re-invest the monies in building replacement homes. This meant that replacement properties weren't built.

Correct,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Buy

---------- Post added 27-06-2014 at 14:02 ----------

What do you mean? I don't understand your post......

Yes you do and you don't like it. You're all for kicking people in the head but when it's your turn to get a good kicking you yelp the first, loudest and longest.

Barleycorn was saying it was cheaper to run a larger stock of housing.

Nothing to do with investing money from RTB.

Use different money to build prefabs as I have suggested before.

Correct,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Buy

---------- Post added 27-06-2014 at 14:02 ----------

Yes you do and you don't like it. You're all for kicking people in the head but when it's your turn to get a good kicking you yelp the first, loudest and longest.

Who am I kicking in the head and how am I getting one? I still don't understand your post......